Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)

Default Sotomayor: Labeling Illegal Immigrants Criminals Is Insulting

Let me repeat that:

Sotomayor: Labeling Illegal Immigrants Criminals Is Insulting

Got that now? And this is a SUPREME court judge? If they are here ILLEGALLY - it IS criminal, by the very definition and any other way you slice it. Even if you support them, love them - it's STILL criminal. How can someone say it's insulting when another appropriately labels them as such? They want us to call them "undocumented" immigrants so as not to insult? How about they call it what it is, so as not to insult me? Anyone wonder how she would decide on major cases involving illegals? It's sad that many in our nation ignore our laws and constitution, and now it's reached the highest court in the land.

NEW HAVEN, Conn. — Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor, who grew up poor in New York City, described Monday how she navigated new worlds of Ivy League universities and the nation’s highest court.

Sotomayor told students at Yale University that she has a competitive drive to improve herself and isn’t afraid to ask questions.

Sotomayor, the first Hispanic on the U.S. Supreme Court, said she didn’t even know what an Ivy League college was when a friend suggested she apply. She wound up attending Princeton and Yale Law School.

On the Supreme Court since 2009, Sotomayor said it was tough at first as justices made references that went over her head. She said joining the high court amounted to joining an ongoing conversation among justices who had served for years.

“I figure I may not be the smartest judge on the court but I’m going to be a competent justice,” she said. “I’m going to try to be the best I can and each year I think my opinions have been getting better. And I’m working at finding my voice a little bit.”

Sotomayor was asked at a talk at Yale Law School later in the day about her use of the term “undocumented immigrants” rather than the traditional illegal alien. Sotomayor characterized the issue as a regulatory problem and said labeling immigrants criminals seemed insulting to her.

“I think people then paint those individuals as something less than worthy human beings and it changes the conversation,” Sotomayor said.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/j...orlds-22351647

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Let me repeat that:

Got that now? And this is a SUPREME court judge? If they are here ILLEGALLY - it IS criminal, by the very definition and any other way you slice it. Even if you support them, love them - it's STILL criminal. How can someone say it's insulting when another appropriately labels them as such? They want us to call them "undocumented" immigrants so as not to insult? How about they call it what it is, so as not to insult me? Anyone wonder how she would decide on major cases involving illegals? It's sad that many in our nation ignore our laws and constitution, and now it's reached the highest court in the land.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1601237

She probably takes it personally since...her FAMILY, and FRIENDS are much more important than U.S. Laws, and the CONSTITUTION she's expected to defend.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    She probably takes it personally since...her FAMILY, and FRIENDS are much more important than U.S. Laws, and the CONSTITUTION she's expected to defend.
    Her family is from Puerto Rico.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by logroller View Post
    Her family is from Puerto Rico.
    SO WHAT? She is a Supreme Court Justice and should not be holding such a disrespectful view of our laws. She is a cancer in the court just like all the lousy liberals are. Kagan is as well. -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

7. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    SO WHAT? She is a Supreme Court Justice and should not be holding such a disrespectful view of our laws. She is a cancer in the court just like all the lousy liberals are. Kagan is as well. -Tyr
    That's how I feel. Whether she knows illegals or not shouldn't matter. She isn't supposed to diminish our laws and talk about how our laws are "insulting". I personally find it insulting that she said this. Now ANY case she sits in on that has anything to do with immigration - IMO she should recuse herself, but we know she won't.

9. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

That's how I feel. Whether she knows illegals or not shouldn't matter. She isn't supposed to diminish our laws and talk about how our laws are "insulting". I personally find it insulting that she said this. Now ANY case she sits in on that has anything to do with immigration - IMO she should recuse herself, but we know she won't.
    For a her to recuse herself she would first have to have integrity and honor, she like Kagan has none! Kagan proved you could be a lousy dishonorable Justice and get praise and be rewarded for it! Roberts did too so I am not just picking on the usual liberal scum there. All three of them should be in prison IMHO. THEY SWEAR AN OATH WHICH THEY BREAK AS IF IT WAS NOTHING.-TYR
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Let's meet her half way and start using the term "counterfeit documented immigrants". I will join her in congratulating those who are here illegally that DON'T commit document fraud. However, if we establish that document fraud can be overlooked, can I begin using counterfeit license plates on my car? For good measure all bad check convictions should be overturned based on the new precedent.
    Last edited by tailfins; 02-05-2014 at 09:54 AM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

12. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    Let's meet her half way and start using the term "counterfeit documented immigrants". I will join her in congratulating those who are here illegally that DON'T commit document fraud. However, if we establish that document fraud can be overlooked, can I begin using counterfeit license plates on my car? For good measure all bad check convictions should be overturned based on the new precedent.
    That is exactly what her words express. A disdain for the laws of this nation! This is the liberal/dem way. Should we ever have (God forbid) a civil war here I know who should receive true justice. Those that masquerade as decent people to get power positions and then use those positions to help destroy our Constitution, laws and justice. bamscum has corrupted our government like no other in history!!! He was placed there to do just that.. --Tyr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

so... immigration-wise,Puerto Ricans are citizens. And at's post is predicated upon her being Hispanic, thus her family and friends are illegals, and less than. That's what she means when she said,
    “I think people then paint those individuals as something less than worthy human beings and it changes the conversation,” Sotomayor said.

but you tell me, is a cancer less than a human being?
    Last edited by logroller; 02-05-2014 at 01:32 PM.
    He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.AeschylusRead more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...zeMUwcpY1Io.99

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

so... immigration-wise,Puerto Ricans are citizens. And at's post is predicated upon her being Hispanic, thus her family and friends are illegals, and less than. That's what she means when she said,

but you tell me, is a cancer less than a human being?

Log. You can defend her in any way you wish, and sound like you have. I didn't intentionally twist any words, distort anything I said, or change the context of what I said to Get Your Approval.
    You claim to be knowledgeable about such things...but expose yourself as the hypocrite you are, in order to please, and impress yourself. If you dislike what I say. Tough.
    You sound more, and more like Obama, Jesse Jackson, and Al Sharp(less)ton every time you post.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Log. You can defend her in any way you wish, and sound like you have. I didn't intentionally twist any words, distort anything I said, or change the context of what I said to Get Your Approval.
    You claim to be knowledgeable about such things...but expose yourself as the hypocrite you are, in order to please, and impress yourself. If you dislike what I say. Tough.
    You sound more, and more like Obama, Jesse Jackson, and Al Sharp(less)ton every time you post.
    You'd have to understand words to intentionally twist them-- you're just ignorant and, based on the racist overtures of your posts, you're a bigot too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

You'd have to understand words to intentionally twist them-- you're just ignorant and, based on the racist overtures of your posts, you're a bigot too.

Whatever you say, oh confused admin member. Remember. Everyone else is reading your words that intentionally are twisted, and taken out of context...whenever you post.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

SO YOU TOO FAIL TO UNDERSTAND THE DEFINITION OF THE WORD--- ILLEGAL.

DOES NOT MATTER A DAMN WHETHER ITS AN INSULT OR NOT. It is the TRUTH. She has no right to show utter contempt for the law as a sitting Supreme Court Justice . She should have to face some kind of punishment for her actions . Her words are insulting to every person that seeks justice under the law. Her words show a bias the size of Texas IMHO. Her , Kagan and Gindog are all three political minded dishonorable pieces of shit that act with leftist/ dem politics considered first and foremost instead of true justice IMHO. -Tyr

19. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Whatever you say, oh confused admin member. Remember. Everyone else is reading your words that intentionally are twisted, and taken out of context...whenever you post.
    I proffered verifiable facts and a quote from the OP in support of my argument. As far as twisting words, show me what word I used that you feel I twisted and I'll see if I can't find an English to retardese translation for you.

Btw I'm staff, not admin-- thanks for, yet again, proving yourself ignorant.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

SO YOU TOO FAIL TO UNDERSTAND THE DEFINITION OF THE WORD--- ILLEGAL.

DOES NOT MATTER A DAMN WHETHER ITS AN INSULT OR NOT. It is the TRUTH. She has no right to show utter contempt for the law as a sitting Supreme Court Justice . She should have to face some kind of punishment for her actions . Her words are insulting to every person that seeks justice under the law. Her words show a bias the size of Texas IMHO. Her , Kagan and Gindog are all three political minded dishonorable pieces of shit that act with leftist/ dem politics considered first and foremost instead of true justice IMHO. -Tyr
    Sotomayer didn't say that-- her response was quoted. So you should take that up with the author who wrote the article, and demand the prosecution of the journalist for spreading such lies.
    At least you backed off the rhetorical propaganda that prove her actual comment true whilst you condone and defend bigoted assumptions.