Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    I would NEVER trust a man who wouldn't have a burger and beer with me.
    I've heard that often enough and I don't know why. I once had a gfs dad who said straight to my face "no offence but I don't trust anyone who doesn't drink, so I don't trust you" what the hell are you meant to say to that? XD
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    I've heard that often enough and I don't know why. I once had a gfs dad who said straight to my face "no offence but I don't trust anyone who doesn't drink, so I don't trust you" what the hell are you meant to say to that? XD
    Fuck off, pissant sounds good.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Fuck off, pissant sounds good.
    Yeah but that's not really a me thing to say, so y'know
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Well, i was lactose intolerent when i was young and had a pretty bad reaction lol, but i'm not interested in personal anecdotes. Medical studies that show the links are *much* more interesting IMO
    so....in your words, paraphrased "Milk has similar benefits to OTHER foods, but we shouldn't drink Milk".

(shrug).

“… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    so....in your words, paraphrased "Milk has similar benefits to OTHER foods, but we shouldn't drink Milk".

(shrug).

Milk has benifits you can find in foods like broccoli. Milk also has drawbacks that you can't find in other foods like broccoli. Simples.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Milk has benifits you can find in foods like broccoli. Milk also has drawbacks that you can't find in other foods like broccoli. Simples.
    Just as many brocoli have complained about being ate as have cows. So you don't really have an argument.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConHog View Post
    Just as many brocoli have complained about being ate as have cows. So you don't really have an argument.
    Indeed, my arguement lies in pieces in the face of such a point.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, then why is it immoral to eat a cow but not a broccoli? That makes a lot of sense.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

“… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1) We are omnivores.

This is sort of a central tenant of being human, is that we are, by our nature, drawn to eat both plant and animal for sustenance. We are different than most any animal on the planet in that we are no longer acquiring food for simple sustenance, we eat for taste, comfort, etc..

2) Natural does not equal good

This is a mistake a lot of people make. defibrillators are unnatural, but they save lives. coca is natural and can be easily made into a drug that can kill you. Medical studies as to "good" foods and "bad" foods are almost always biased. Several years back, Doctors over her jumped up and down about how eggs weren't "good" for us. it was several years later when the same docs came back to tell us that indeed, eggs are good for us, but are high in cholesterol. Beer is unnatural, but I don't see us giving that up any time soon.

3) Milk has health benefits

As has been pointed out, Milk has many health benefits, but what was skipped is that it can aid in healthy weight loss as well.

4) Everything has risks.

I can get cancer from my cell phone, laptop, smoking, being around smokers, and a slew of other activities. Unless you can prove an adverse degree of risk, then really, it's right up there with all the other "risks".
    "Government screws up everything. If government says black, you can bet it's white. If government says sit still for your safety, you'd better run for your life!"
    --Wayne Allyn Root
    www.rootforamerica.com
    www.FairTax.org

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post

;D

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What's for dinner?

[IMG]<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tviyAIS9c_U" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>[/IMG]

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan