Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
It's several things, I don't go with 'boycotts,' but do avoid companies that seem unethical or just bad in general. (think of my opinions on Trump.)

Tyson was a big employer of illegals and paying them zippo-basically like Chinese treat their own people. Unsurprisingly they've been at ground zero at treating their pigs and chickens cruelly. Seems like there was more, but those two were enough for me. Mind you, I'm going back 15-20 years or so. Sometimes one just starts saying, 'no' to certain brands, regardless of price.
I've had to modify my "boycott" stance. That must mean I lied and/or am a flip-flopper Had to modify hard-line stances from "never" to "when and where practical". Whether or not it is PC, there are certain items that no matter how hard I try nor how much money I spend, I can't find a suitable replacement.

However, chicken for me is easy. The people next door to my grandparents raised chickens. They're mindless, nasty, noisy and destructive. They're birds and they have and presumably will always eat bugs. I'm sure the preceding goes a long way toward my distaste for eating bird.

Still not eating bugs outside a survival situation