Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default yet another incident of a cop out of line and out of control

http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/1...aurants-patio/

unpaid leave while it is being investigated? What's to investigate? He is OFF DUTY and has been DRINKING. He is an abusive bastard that should be fired and should have a civil rights suit bring him into bankruptcy.

This short of shit is BS in America.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

He was fired.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Excellent.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

"I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)

hjmick, thanks for following up. As is often the case with those posting about 'bad cops,' they just check the one story of the problem, without ever following up.

There are no doubt 'bad cops,' some driven by power, some by graft, some by both. There are police departments that ignore such, though they are not the norm and are likely to be in municipalities where the politicians are of similar ilk. Most departments get rid of the bad ones as soon as they can prove their justifications.

Of more concern as a nation is the militarization of police, imo.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    hjmick, thanks for following up. As is often the case with those posting about 'bad cops,' they just check the one story of the problem, without ever following up.

There are no doubt 'bad cops,' some driven by power, some by graft, some by both. There are police departments that ignore such, though they are not the norm and are likely to be in municipalities where the politicians are of similar ilk. Most departments get rid of the bad ones as soon as they can prove their justifications.

Of more concern as a nation is the militarization of police, imo.

My pleasure Kath...

Of course it does help that this occurred just up the road from me and it has been in the local news just about every other night...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    My pleasure Kath...

Of course it does help that this occurred just up the road from me and it has been in the local news just about every other night...
    I admit to being quirky, when I read a 'story' like the above or most stories for that matter, I look for most recent articles on the prime characters involved-thus get some idea of what is going on.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I admit to being quirky, when I read a 'story' like the above or most stories for that matter, I look for most recent articles on the prime characters involved-thus get some idea of what is going on.

I too attempt to find more than one source and, if the story is older than a couple of days, look for a resolution to the story if one is available. I also do my best to draw from the most neutral source available.

Guess we're both quirky...

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I hope she gets MILLIONS and the cop is locked up for years.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

It appears, most all of us agree about Bad Cops. And, what we eventually learned was. The same system we put down, and call broken...also took proper actions against the idiot, and fired him.

I hope the victim in this case sues him, and the bar. What happened to Bouncers who are supposed to be in charge..despite DRUNK off-duty officers?

Good story.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    It appears, most all of us agree about Bad Cops. And, what we eventually learned was. The same system we put down, and call broken...also took proper actions against the idiot, and fired him.

I hope the victim in this case sues him, and the bar. What happened to Bouncers who are supposed to be in charge..despite DRUNK off-duty officers?

Good story.
    My friend , a good bouncer would never behave like that. It was our job to keep order and not do so by running customers away from the business. That meant rough stuff only when absolutely required! Believe me it still was required often because drinking brings on all kinds of false courage from those that can not drink and still be civil to others. I always had offers to work other jobs as a bouncer but the two places I worked gave me ample compensation because I did my job extremely well. In other words , I did a very professional job and never stomped azz unless it was a required act. Still average 3 or 4 a week some months and other months maybe only one. One has to treat it as a job and try to make it easy as possible by not having to put out the extra effort of beating somebody up! Always try to get paid for not having to use the fists. My best nights was when nothing happened except folks having a good time and the guys and gals all went away happy. Hell, I even miss it a bit now.. --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    My friend , a good bouncer would never behave like that. It was our job to keep order and not do so by running customers away from the business. That meant rough stuff only when absolutely required! Believe me it still was required often because drinking brings on all kinds of false courage from those that can not drink and still be civil to others. I always had offers to work other jobs as a bouncer but the two places I worked gave me ample compensation because I did my job extremely well. In other words , I did a very professional job and never stomped azz unless it was a required act. Still average 3 or 4 a week some months and other months maybe only one. One has to treat it as a job and try to make it easy as possible by not having to put out the extra effort of beating somebody up! Always try to get paid for not having to use the fists. My best nights was when nothing happened except folks having a good time and the guys and gals all went away happy. Hell, I even miss it a bit now.. --Tyr

Tyr. I wasn't, and didn't intend to put Bouncers down in any way. I simply asked where the Bouncer was. Then this off-duty drunk cop wouldn't have been able to manhandle the victim.
    Nothing more than that.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !