Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by emmett View Post
    How much would it have cost us not to get into bed with them in the first place?

Government has no business in our business. "Harry Browne"

Every time government gets involved in anything it is doomed to failure. Special Interest will soon be on the agenda. Everybody knows that. The lending industries should all be private. ALL OF THEM! Anything else is a prescription for failure.

We never should have gotten involved and we wouldn't be asking the question you just asked! (Which under the circumstances is a good question) Yes, we have to get further involved now because we got involved to begin with.

It's like a lie that breeds another lie!
    Emmett, it's not that we got involved it's that we got uninvolved. Regulation was removed from the financial institutions and this is the result. As much as we don't like regulation there are places for it, the financial institutions of the country are one of those places.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Emmett, it's not that we got involved it's that we got uninvolved. Regulation was removed from the financial institutions and this is the result. As much as we don't like regulation there are places for it, the financial institutions of the country are one of those places.

How many pockets got lined with money taken from the profits of mortgage contracts to bring about regulation?

Wht was regulation necessary? Regulating creates no competition, Competition is good for capatilists!

What the hell am I doing....................shit this is P I'm talking to...Damn I'm sorry P, I thought you were someone else!
    If you continue to think the way you have always thought, you will continue to get what you have always got!

A government big enough to provide you everything you need is big enough to take everything you have!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

How many pockets got lined with money taken from the profits of mortgage contracts to bring about regulation?

Wht was regulation necessary? Regulating creates no competition, Competition is good for capatilists!

What the hell am I doing....................shit this is P I'm talking to...Damn I'm sorry P, I thought you were someone else!
    As much as I support 'hands off' by the gov..I'm wise enough to know that that ain't gonna work with everything..that's a part of the libertarian platform I don't and can't support.
    Last edited by Mr. P; 09-21-2008 at 09:56 PM.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What do the libertarians think about the FAA?
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Good or bad the mortgage bail out has been put forward. Congress still has to pass it. If there were libertarians in congress they would stop and defund this mess. How many libertarians are in congress?

Congress makes the laws, repeals the laws, and provides the funds. Where do we really need the power right now? The congress? or the president?

A vote for libertarian is just a throw away of the your vote allowing the marxist to get in, the same way clinton got in in 92.

You want change? Clean out congress. I won't take a chance on the marxist getting control without a congress that can reign him in.

When you have a strong start of libertarians in congress, then come see me about voting for president.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Now go ahead...tell me how unreasonable I am.....let the PM's fly and say...Whoa that Emmett...he's out there again tonight!

The Wall Street Journal editorial today agreed with Emmett about the Freddie and Fannie problem. Congress mandated by law that banks make a good faith effort (quotas) to lend money to subprime borrowers -----

Does that make sense? To lend to people who by definition are not likely to pay it off? Freddie and Fannie got in on this big time because of Congress requiring them to and China bought lots of shares of both; now we have to make that good or have 1.5 billion very, very angry Chinese looking across the Pacific at us.

A lot of this crisis is the fault of Congress meddling to "help" poor people.

Query: now the Dems in Congress want to add onto the rescue bill that when houses go into foreclosure judges can change the terms of the loans so the debtor can more easily satisfy the debt ----------------------

So why wouldn't every mortgagee with a balloon loan instantly decide to go into foreclosure so they can get a better deal? Since they can't sell their house either at all or only for less than they owe and now can't refinance?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
    When you have a strong start of libertarians in congress, then come see me about voting for president.

Yeah, really. These two running for prez are such a pair of losers.

I have higher standards than to go quite this low.