Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Ok I'm going to be an arse ..again i guess.

2 points.

1. FJ says we have to use rational logical Greek methods to "change minds".
    Your raw assertion that "text with picture" to 'persuade" makes the above a "meme" does not change my mind that it is a meme.
    Neither does FJ's assertions of personal definitions from "in my book".

2. the newspaper front page isn't trying to persuade anyone here. it simply agrees with every one of your previous post. who needs persuasion? or more information. it's a hot mess.
    Your Post of text that you got from the internet and spread on the internet. to "persuade" us that there are problems. MEMES!

sheesh.
    You're better than this.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Likes fj1200 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    You're better than this.
    With help, we all are.
    Somedays we don't accept the help that's available.

The real issues here that I at least lost focus on is, how & when the folks affected are going to get relief.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

4. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    With help, we all are.
    Somedays we don't accept the help that's available.

The real issues here that I at least lost focus on is, how & when the folks affected are going to get relief.
    I am actually having a pm discussion on fb with my son on this very topic. He's quite liberal, though not close to his wife or friends. He's struggling with his choices right now. He's appalled at what is NOT being done by government. In fact he was the one that started the private discussion, sending me info on Dolly Parton's and Walmart video from yesterday. So far Dolly and her foundation have given $2M; Walmart Corp $10M and matching customer donations. Link following lists parking lot locations by state/counties in affected areas-bathrooms; showers; laundry facilities; food; clothing; wifi charging

The following keeps being updated for locations and relief supplies available:

https://corporate.walmart.com/purpos...rricane-helene

Of course Elon has been at forefront of trying to get communications to the areas-his engineers being blocked by FEMA:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/fox-news...acex-starlinks

Like I said, I've no way of how he'll end up voting, but I think for many his age, those that 'think' beyond 'feeling' are becoming disillusioned very quickly by the suffering of their fellow citizens. For my son, he's become shockingly aware of the help coming from private persons, businesses, churches/charities. The outright failure, mismanagement of government is awakening.

It's hard not to say, 'I told you so,' but not helpful.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

6. Likes revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)

Conspiracy theories? Or damage control? I'm not there.

I have seen a couple of articles this afternoon with various public officials, R and D, asking that the BS being spewed on social media stop. It's hurting the real effort that is being put forth by people that have to and people that don't but are. In the lead on the right is Trump and Mark Robinson making alleged false claims. In the lead on the left is the Fed gov't making excuses.

Remember the "Bush hurricane machine"? MTG has revived the hurricane machine part

Stuck in the middle are all those folks without power, water, some without homes anymore.

How is it again we are supposed to know the truth when we hear it?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)

Default US officials struggle to quash Hurricane Helene conspiracy theories

Therein lies the problem: the "leaders" in the current US government have no credibility with me. Seems the only time they're willing to tell us anything its smokescreen for their f- ups.

US officials struggle to quash Hurricane Helene conspiracy theories (msn.com)

9. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)

Therein lies the problem: the "leaders" in the current US government have no credibility with me. Seems the only time they're willing to tell us anything its smokescreen for their f- ups.

US officials struggle to quash Hurricane Helene conspiracy theories (msn.com)
    I believe the people asking for help. I believe Musk responding to one of his engineers calling to report FEMA closing airspace to helicopters and private drones, though government wasn't there yet as of yesterday. A week after disaster started.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

11. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I believe the people asking for help. I believe Musk responding to one of his engineers calling to report FEMA closing airspace to helicopters and private drones, though government wasn't there yet as of yesterday. A week after disaster started.
    Fair enough. I would take some of that with a grain of salt. It's a shame they have to politicize even the weather

We can't trust government nor media to tell us the truth and it's created a free for all. Extreme political partisanship and an upcoming election trump people's lives. Politicians are more interesting in trying to use propaganda from tragedy to springboard themselves into a win than they are helping actual victims.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)

Fair enough. I would take some of that with a grain of salt. It's a shame they have to politicize even the weather

We can't trust government nor media to tell us the truth and it's created a free for all. Extreme political partisanship and an upcoming election trump people's lives. Politicians are more interesting in trying to use propaganda from tragedy to springboard themselves into a win than they are helping actual victims.
    If fema had gotten in within a couple days, understood. They didn't. Private folks did. Rescuing people from roofs, bringing axes to do so. Using drones to rescue/recover. Then fema enters and starts confiscating materials and closing airspace. They deserve the criticism.

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    If fema had gotten in within a couple days, understood. They didn't. Private folks did. Rescuing people from roofs, bringing axes to do so. Using drones to rescue/recover. Then fema enters and starts confiscating materials and closing airspace. They deserve the criticism.
    FEMA always deserves criticism. Moreso under this admin. Incompetent government seems to be becoming the norm.

16. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)

FEMA always deserves criticism. Moreso under this admin. Incompetent government seems to be becoming the norm.
    Really. I heard someone saying the government has lost the mandate of heaven
    Pretty sure that was chinese, but it fits. The people no longer think the government is able. In any way.