Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)

Default U.S. Secret Service report finds multiple failures before Trump assassination attempt

“When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Likes revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)

The PA one, but sees no problem with 12 hours in bushes and that he had a long barreled gun in there. Seriously?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Likes revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    The PA one, but sees no problem with 12 hours in bushes and that he had a long barreled gun in there. Seriously?
    The only issue I have with being able to hide in the bushes for 12 hours is Routh himself. It's easily doable. Seems to me it is not in his displayed character to maintain that kind of self-discipline.

I'm also not sure what some are saying. Is that some believe the whole damned golf course should be shut down and swept inch by inch prior to Trump stepping out of the car? What of the other players/members? Seems easier and more secure to revoke Trump's membership than lose all that money/customers.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    The only issue I have with being able to hide in the bushes for 12 hours is Routh himself. It's easily doable. Seems to me it is not in his displayed character to maintain that kind of self-discipline.

I'm also not sure what some are saying. Is that some believe the whole damned golf course should be shut down and swept inch by inch prior to Trump stepping out of the car? What of the other players/members? Seems easier and more secure to revoke Trump's membership than lose all that money/customers.
    I may be wrong or reading the wrong outlets, but I think the complaints are that there wasn't agents checking around the perimeter outside of fencing looking for suspicious things like a car parked within a quick sprint away. Why did it take one sharp eyed guy to see a gun barrel, when a dog walking the fence line-a KNOWN problem area that the media has exploited in the past?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)

I may be wrong or reading the wrong outlets, but I think the complaints are that there wasn't agents checking around the perimeter outside of fencing looking for suspicious things like a car parked within a quick sprint away. Why did it take one sharp eyed guy to see a gun barrel, when a dog walking the fence line-a KNOWN problem area that the media has exploited in the past?
    That's a lot of people, time, money and effort for a game of golf.

Fact is, if anyone truly wanted to kill Trump, or anyone else for that matter, it's not that hard. The shooter has the obvious advantage of time, place and method. Security gets to react. As long as he's walking around in public, he's a potential target every second.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)

That's a lot of people, time, money and effort for a game of golf.

Fact is, if anyone truly wanted to kill Trump, or anyone else for that matter, it's not that hard. The shooter has the obvious advantage of time, place and method. Security gets to react. As long as he's walking around in public, he's a potential target every second.
    That's always been true, which is why Secret Service was instituted. It's their job. Money already allocated and they have the dogs.

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady, Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Mayorkas setting up SS to be the patsy.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)

That's always been true, which is why Secret Service was instituted. It's their job. Money already allocated and they have the dogs.
    I will give you that. But where do you draw the line?

Shut down an entire golf course and have it crawling with a couple of platoons of agents, helo's in the air, etc? Neither efficient nor practical. Was I the owner losing all that money, I'd politely ask the former President and current candidate but not "the" President to take his business elsewhere.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)

I will give you that. But where do you draw the line?

Shut down an entire golf course and have it crawling with a couple of platoons of agents, helo's in the air, etc? Neither efficient nor practical. Was I the owner losing all that money, I'd politely ask the former President and current candidate but not "the" President to take his business elsewhere.
    It's Trump's course!

If they'd done the preliminary checks on both sides correctly, including cameras, they'd have spotted the cars and bags, guaranteed with dogs. No lagoons needed.

14. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)

It's Trump's course!

If they'd done the preliminary checks on both sides correctly, including cameras, they'd have spotted the cars and bags, guaranteed with dogs. No lagoons needed.
    So the security Trump provides at his own golf course sucks? To the point there are no parking lot cameras that even Walmart has?

Not sure what you are envisioning, but it far exceeds anything I have ever seen without a complete armed takeover. Maybe they are using the wrong tool for the job. Recon Platoon could shut the place down nicely.

Even if each and every SS agent was top notch going the extra mile, there aren't enough to work in the numbers you suggest. He's not even a sitting President and they don't get much better than what Trump is getting. I have yet to see any of those chair polishers present a list of requirements to meet present day threats with a check to fund it in the same hand.

This is all within government's power. Trump is not the only Grand Poobah who gets SS and he should not be and would not be on my list of who gets the A Team.

Another point: You're a SS agent/team. You have X to work with and Trump is his usual determined self is going to do what he wants and go play golf. What do you do?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)

So the security Trump provides at his own golf course sucks? To the point there are no parking lot cameras that even Walmart has?

Not sure what you are envisioning, but it far exceeds anything I have ever seen without a complete armed takeover. Maybe they are using the wrong tool for the job. Recon Platoon could shut the place down nicely.

Even if each and every SS agent was top notch going the extra mile, there aren't enough to work in the numbers you suggest. He's not even a sitting President and they don't get much better than what Trump is getting. I have yet to see any of those chair polishers present a list of requirements to meet present day threats with a check to fund it in the same hand.

This is all within government's power. Trump is not the only Grand Poobah who gets SS and he should not be and would not be on my list of who gets the A Team.

Another point: You're a SS agent/team. You have X to work with and Trump is his usual determined self is going to do what he wants and go play golf. What do you do?
    Gunny, car was parked on street. He ran from bushes to car, lady snapped tags while he was getting in. Then chase. This isn't extraordinary.