I have an issue with the one-sidedness of this. Yes, the military will hold onto housing until it's forever old. I started out in WWII wooden barracks Thing is, I see breakdown all the way around. That pic in the article? How is it that ANY room is allowed to get to that point? What happened to weakly inspections? Oh yeah. They went got lost to the kinder, gentler mentality

While service members can't help stuff that breaks down, that head looks like pigs were allowed to use it. Shitters dirty on the inside. That ain't the equipment. Shit all over the floor. Mold/mildew. Here's a novel approach: get a f-ing scrub brush, some bleach and soap and get to work. When that disgusting shit is clean THEN bitch about the destroyed area that's due to not being cared for properly.

People are such spoiled-ass babies nowadays

Other side of the coin: Congress and whichever empty head is sitting in the Oval Office needs to quit blowing bucks are their stupid, pet projects and invest in the military. Infrastructure is falling down. We're sleepwalking backwards into a war and none of these fools have any idea what's going on.

And quit babying troops. Never saw anyone die from wearing out a scrub brush

App exposes worst of U.S. military housing | National | thecentersquare.com