Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    On plane. Came back from potty, someone sitting in my chair! Not anymore. Lol!
    Get em Kath!
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)

Home. Work today, of course. Had wonderful time, brother is super sad, but trying. I've never seen him like this, but I've not known anyone who is losing a child or lost one, even in pregnancy. I just can't imagine. All I can do is be there for him.

In so many ways he knows he and Jay are so blessed. Without a doubt probaby 90% of people diagnosed with ALS don't have the money available to make their lives as comfortable as possible. They do, between my brother and niece and her husband. That's huge. It's a horrible disease, pain included, but no intellectual loss. Horrible.

My SIL has been staying with Jay and his kids since June. Jim has only seen Jay twice since January, when we were all together in IL. Jim says he's seeing big differences between each time together. In any case, he was in DC with his older son a week or so ago. Going to Switzerland in about a week, though he is bringing a wheelchair. There trips scare my bro, he doesn't want anything happening where he can't get there right away. My niece and I and Pauls, Jim's wife, say, "Let Jay lead, he'll be OK, regardless of what happens."

Jim and Paula switch places in mid-September. She cannot deal with Chicago cold and he doesn't mind. I know that Jim really wants to bring Jay down to FL where he can keep on top of what's happening and the weather is better for spending time outside, even if only on the screened porch watching people play golf.

August 3rd is the Ice Bucket Challenge, I'm going to try and have recruited quite of few of the kids at work to do it also. Seems they used to do in high school and are glad to do again. LOL!

Now as I said originally, we had a great time too, punctuated by some talk that wasn't so happy. He needed it.

We went to the beach twice. Once to a beautiful one in Bradenton, Coquina Beach. From parking to water about 1/2 block. So nice! 2nd beach is supposedly the #1 beach (or was) in USA, Siesta Beach. I can see why, as the vista is forever. The beach super clean. Around parking lot there is a park and picnic tables, also a restaurant with deck. On the downside, from parking to water is close to a mile, over sugar sand, so not great for those with trouble walking or weighted down with chairs, towels, toys, coolers, etc...

Luckily it was just my bro and I and he carried most things, lol! I managed towels and sunscreen. Real trooper!

He took me to some great restaurants, some fancy, most just quirky. We both like quirky and all on the water. Live music and character waiters. Mostly fish, but managed a couple bar-b-que too. I think the last was probably best, Columbia in Tampa. Cuban. Best salad I ever had and a Cuban sandwich, again the best ever. Service was great. My niece,her husband and my grandniece joined up-the little had black beans and rice.

Close was our first just outside of Bradenton, off exit for Sarasota, when he'd picked me up at airport. A place called Woody's! Seems it's pretty famous down there, a bit off the regular roads, but right on the water. Jim calls it his 'Hillbilly place.' Food is great and music was wonderful. I guess at night it can be a bit 'rough,' but we were there around 6, so all was good, especially the lobster roll.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Thanks Gunny, fj1200 thanked this post
    Likes Gunny, SassyLady liked this post