Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Wow, never spent a dime to record my hunting. I did take some pics with my home camera and had a small photo album that I 've looked for and can not find. I damn sure hope the ex-wife didn't take it when she made a "grab stuff run" on my house before I changed my locks 9 years ago. Still have all the stuff in the antic above the garage to look thru and if its not there she tossed it or made off with it like she did with some really old coins and paper money I had collected over the decades. I guess I should be glad she didn't steal some of my pistols that day. Although I had a really heavy gold chain that had been given to me by a former girlfriend that disappeared back then too. It was given to me back in 1979 when gold was really low price. I can only imagine its worth now if I still had it. Pappy told me some of these dang women jest can't be trusted.--Tyr Anyways, hope you can post some of your videos my friend . I'd really enjoy seeing them..
    Well, Tyr, old buddy, you friends would have probably appreciated your recording hunts cuz mine certainly have. Just so you know, I'm very tight with my money and would usually record over an original hunt after making a copy or two (one for me and one for my friends). I lost a bit of quality doing that but the VHS that I already had was cheaper than the small tapes and stuff that the more modern cameras used. Taping hunts was big back then but now just about everyone does it. Had I stuck to it, I could have been a pioneer as the GREAT Dan Fitzgerald was in the early 80's. I still prefer his old tapes to the new "junk" that's on the outdoor channel. Anyway, the expense is the least of it all. The time and preparation in doing it right is 95% of it. when I first started, my buddy and I were taking turns on the camera but it seemed that I always ended up behind the camera some how and he never had the patience to actually let the deer come in for a good video so I dropped him and started doing it all by my lonesome. That's quite a job with the equipment I used and "created". Sure would have been nice to have one of those small (yet high quality) deals that are now impact and water resistant. I even cut out an old coke bottle to protect my camera from drizzle and such (back in the day). HA!!!

PS; please see my post on the previous page....
    Last edited by red state; 09-09-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    NEVER MESS WITH AN
    IRISH/SCOTT/ITALIAN CHEROKEE!

"A wise man is at the right hand but a fool is at the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2
    "The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God" Psalms 53:1