Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    Why would I care to listen to a group who still denies that Christ was/is the Messiah?
    There is no denial. There is just no belief in fiction. Just as Jules Vern had men shot from a cannon to the moon it makes for a great story but I don't believe it.
    A chance for a new beginning, like a dawn of reconciliation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    Let me take a stab at answering this:

Because as a Christian, we believe in both the Old and the New Testament....

so, is this a NO, you have no intentions of discussing it? Do you ever debate anyone on anything or do you just start threads to make your point and nothing else or no one else really matters.... you just want to be a voicebox?

That's fine, but you will never grow in life, being so narrowminded imo, but that is the jist of conservatism, right?

jd
    Actually, as a Christian, no it isn't. I do not count many of those who hold office as actual "conservatives". the conservative movement, especially the GOP, were founded as a way to reduce the amount of government in people's lives. What have they conserved, I ask? Our environment, while they go against recycling programs, as well as laws to transition us off the oil teat? Our tax money, while they have spent more than any administration that has come before them? Our liberties, as we are being hit with illegal wiretaps, the erasing of our fourth amendment rights to privacy, or the people who have still kept the Statue of Liberty closed to the public? Our morales, as they bear false witness to us again and again to pursue vile means to achieve their ends?

These people in our government who do this are frauds, who have hijacked a good message to push their own agenda.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Still, that would be her choice to make. That's not an assumption, Rape is a hate crime, period.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Well, THAT explains YOU.
    Actually some of the most intelligent and talented people in the world were chronic marijuana users.
    And considering I make my tea about 3 times a month, marijuana really has no affect on my life.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    The problem is, though...this.

You're making HUGE assumptions. You're assuming the woman WOULD consider the baby hate.
    if she can handle a pregnancy, caused by a brutal crime....then she will,

if she is incapable of dealing with the pregnany of this brutal crime, she has EVERY RIGHT to take her own health, including her mental health in to consideration before the baby to be, because the baby to be has not achieved personhood yet, therefore her health is put above that of the child to be, according to the old testament.

jd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if she can handle a pregnancy, caused by a brutal crime....then she will,

if she is incapable of dealing with the pregnany of this brutal crime, she has EVERY RIGHT to take her own health, including her mental health in to consideration before the baby to be, because the baby to be has not achieved personhood yet, therefore her health is put above that of the child to be, according to the old testament.

jd
    Thankfully we have that - what's it called....er.... oh.. that's right.. the NEW TESTAMENT which we live by.... the law has passed...
    Last edited by -Cp; 09-22-2007 at 01:06 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What a beautiful society we have...

More people are worried about being around cigarette smoke, than a million or more children being discarded every year..

Sad..
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    Thankfully we have that - what's it called....er.... oh.. that's right.. the NEW TESTAMENT which we live by.... the law has passed...
    But I thought Christ said himself that what you said is not true, that he did not come to destroy the Law but to fullfill the Law, do you not believe this? Have you not read this in Scripture? What does this mean to you cp? Would you like the Passage to review?

Do you disregard the entire old testament cp?
    Or do you disregard Mosaic Law, or as asked do you disregard anything in the old testament, including prophesy? Genesis, adam and eve?

Please explain what you meant by your comment....

jd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Actually some of the most intelligent and talented people in the world were chronic marijuana users.
    sorry, kid....but if they were chronic marijuana users they weren't very intelligent at all.......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

cp? any thoughts on the stance of Judahism and Personhood?

Or anyone else on this board that would like to delve in to it?

i am a Christian and not a Jew, but this does make me wonder if we as Christians have the right to force our beliefs on to other religions that don't have the same ones due to their Bible?

jd
    Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Nobody can answer that because your premise is severely dishonest. It's impossible to 'force beliefs' - the only thing we can force is behavior/responsibilities for same.
    Darin's response is right on. When/if abortion is outlawed in America, no one will be forced to believe any differently. They will only be forced to act differently.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    Darin's response is right on. When/if abortion is outlawed in America, no one will be forced to believe any differently. They will only be forced to act differently.
    Which is a problem IMO. Isn't that exactly what the extreme Islamic folks are after? When/if Islam becomes dominate in America, you will not be forced to 'believe' in Islam, just forced to 'act' like you do.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

But I thought Christ said himself that what you said is not true, that he did not come to destroy the Law but to fullfill the Law, do you not believe this? Have you not read this in Scripture? What does this mean to you cp? Would you like the Passage to review?

Do you disregard the entire old testament cp?
    Or do you disregard Mosaic Law, or as asked do you disregard anything in the old testament, including prophesy? Genesis, adam and eve?

Please explain what you meant by your comment....

jd
    So do you still sacrifice animals as an atonement for your sins? Do you still have your local priest go into the "holy of holies" on your behalf?

I have a whacky brother-in-law who believes like you do and he does that stuff still.

You're right, Christ DID Fulfill the law - what does that word mean?

- to satisfy (requirements, obligations, etc.):
    - to bring to an end; finish or complete, as a period of time.

He (and you) have obviously missed it - no, we aren't under the OT law:

Luke 16:16
    The law and the prophets were until John [the Baptist]: since that time the kingdom of heaven is preached.

Romans 6:14
    Ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Romans 7:4, 6
    Ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ .... We are delivered from the law, that being dead.

Romans 10:4
    Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

2 Corinthians 3:14
    But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same veil untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which veil is done away in Christ.

Galatians 3:13
    Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law.

Galatians 3:24-25
    Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Galatians 5:18
    But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Ephesians 2:15
    Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances.

Colossians 2:14
    Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances ... nailing it to his cross.
    Last edited by -Cp; 09-22-2007 at 01:06 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As long as the questions are being asked I was wondering if someone could help with these questions.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanness - Lev. 15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev. 1:9. The problem is, my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?

8. most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though Lev. 19 expressly forbids this: How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11: 6-8 that touching the skin o a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds o tread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev. 24: 10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh! Shattered gave me negative points for Abort Bush. Thank you! I need them to equal out the positive. Proper balance in life thing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April15 View Post
    As long as the questions are being asked I was wondering if someone could help with these questions.

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanness - Lev. 15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev. 1:9. The problem is, my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?

8. most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though Lev. 19 expressly forbids this: How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11: 6-8 that touching the skin o a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds o tread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev. 24: 10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
    what would jesus say about you mocking the word of the lord.........

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus