PDA

View Full Version : 'Negative impact': Fetterman introduces Stop the Scroll Act to target social media ha

Gunny
09-29-2024, 12:24 PM
Well-intended. I'm skeptical of warning labels. What have they worked on so far? IMO, they are more of a magnet for kids than deterrent.

'Negative impact': Fetterman introduces Stop the Scroll Act to target social media harms (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/negative-impact-fetterman-introduces-stop-the-scroll-act-to-target-social-media-harms/ar-AA1rnDuy?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=e884acba912a48aca8aca8dbe3167770&ei=12)

Kathianne
09-29-2024, 12:30 PM
Well-intended. I'm skeptical of warning labels. What have they worked on so far? IMO, they are more of a magnet for kids than deterrent.

'Negative impact': Fetterman introduces Stop the Scroll Act to target social media harms (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/negative-impact-fetterman-introduces-stop-the-scroll-act-to-target-social-media-harms/ar-AA1rnDuy?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=e884acba912a48aca8aca8dbe3167770&ei=12)
I'm not keen on directives, though social media seems to have proven itself incapable of caring for the most vulnerable users, children.

Discussion is good, especially if it makes some parents realize they need to parent.

Gunny
09-29-2024, 12:40 PM
I'm not keen on directives, though social media seems to have proven itself incapable of caring for the most vulnerable users, children.

Discussion is good, especially if it makes some parents realize they need to parent.

Agreed. The directives are so government can say it did something. IMO, social media is a parental issue but we know where that goes with today's idea of parenting. The government wants to control our lives cradle to grave and most current parents give them a valid reason.

Kathianne
09-29-2024, 12:42 PM
Agreed. The directives are so government can say it did something. IMO, social media is a parental issue but we know where that goes with today's idea of parenting. The government wants to control our lives cradle to grave and most current parents give them a valid reason.

Yeah, "Make news, not laws!"