PDA

View Full Version : Pope Francis tells Americans who they should vote for in November

Gunny
09-14-2024, 12:36 PM
Sure are a lot of people taking public, political stances when they don't have to. The relentless media is after everyone. Even the Pope. Not impressed with this guy.

Pope Francis tells Americans who they should vote for in November (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/pope-francis-tells-americans-who-they-should-vote-for-in-november/ar-AA1qxb3q?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=86eedb8be9da47b98d4eab212dfd30e1&ei=42)

Kathianne
09-14-2024, 12:37 PM
Sure are a lot of people taking public, political stances when they don't have to. The relentless media is after everyone. Even the Pope. Not impressed with this guy.

Pope Francis tells Americans who they should vote for in November (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/pope-francis-tells-americans-who-they-should-vote-for-in-november/ar-AA1qxb3q?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=86eedb8be9da47b98d4eab212dfd30e1&ei=42)
Neither are most Catholics.

revelarts
09-14-2024, 01:13 PM
Honest question here.

Is it right .. or ok... for Popes to speak about politics?
In general?

Kathianne
09-14-2024, 01:38 PM
Honest question here.

In general?

I would assume so. Not US for one thing. OTOH he is really speaking on the grave sin of abortion and the social justice issue regarding immigration and caring for the poor.

Gunny
09-15-2024, 11:10 AM
Honest question here.

In general?

I would assume so. Not US for one thing. OTOH he is really speaking on the grave sin of abortion and the social justice issue regarding immigration and caring for the poor.

What caught my attention wasn't just the Pope. He was more like the cherry on top. Open your phone, PC, a newspaper (they still do make them and it's "X" endorses "Y". Taylor Swift endorses Harris. Lebron James endorses Harris. Et al.

And if the MSM presses you and you don't answer/endorse the Dem? Oh Hell no. You get negativity heaped upon you. Caitlin Clark "likes" Swift's post but give a noncommittal response aimed more at the importance being on registering to vote and voting. Not good enough. Just another thing the white girl gets wrong:rolleyes:

Bottom line to me is these people are entertainers. Who gives a flip? For one, none of that crowd that is successful lives in the real World, same as the politicians. Gated communities if not mansions and private security. Their opinions on the real issues facing us mere mortals means absolutely zero to me.

Back to the Pope: HE can take these migrants into Vatican City and feed and house and educate them. Pay their uninsured medical bills. Let them overload HIS infrastructure.

Yet people out their hang on their every word as gospel:rolleyes:

Gunny
09-15-2024, 11:48 AM
Related. I guess some still have their brains functioning at higher than fanboy level.

Swift endorsement may turn more voters from Harris than it attracts (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/swift-endorsement-may-turn-more-voters-from-harris-than-it-attracts/ar-AA1qAO1N?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=172e2c2fdcd9402785516f51a8e19f0c&ei=8)

Kathianne
09-15-2024, 12:11 PM
I don't see her swaying votes either way. I van see Trumper parents not funding tickets and downloaded albums.

Gunny
09-15-2024, 12:32 PM
I don't see her swaying votes either way. I van see Trumper parents not funding tickets and downloaded albums.

Funny you should mention :)

I am not a Taylor Swift fan. Nor a fan of anyone who claims to be country, gets their break through country, then about faces and goes "pop" once they've got their feet in the door. I'll spare you "what's REAL country music" debate at this time. My opinion on that is about the same as it is "rock music". Dated to "my time" :)

Unfortunately, IMO, these pop culture icons have way more sway than they should.