PDA

View Full Version : If Only He Acted Like A Street Fighter With Tweets

Kathianne
08-24-2024, 09:03 AM
It wouldn't be a close race whether Biden, Harris, or any Dem. Gotta blame the electorate on this one:

https://flvoicenews.com/desantis-harris-becoming-president-would-be-like-arsonist-putting-out-the-fire/

DeSantis: Harris becoming president would be like ‘arsonist putting out the fire’2024 Election

By Eric Daugherty
Published Aug. 22, 2024, 11:08 a.m. ET | Updated Aug. 22, 2024

TITUSVILLE, Fla. – At a press conference Thursday, Gov. Ron DeSantis weighed in on the 2024 presidential race and continued his attacks on Vice President Kamala Harris and Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz.

“I do not ask people to move to Florida,” DeSantis said. “If you’re living in Minnesota under [Gov. Tim] Walz, some people are going to want to leave that. That’s just the reality. I mean, we we know that.”

The governor had previously scathed Walz for his COVID “snitch” line during the pandemic, along with policies giving licenses to illegal aliens and putting tampons and boys’ restrooms.

On Harris, DeSantis warned about her “climate ideology” policies and decried the notion she is a “change agent.

“She’s offering this fresh start and and everything, and I’m thinking to myself, you know, if your house was on fire, would you bring in the arsonist to put out the fire?” DeSantis said. “Or would you actually try something different? […] She was instrumental in creating these [problems].”

“People are pinched at the grocery store,” he said. “They’re pinched with the interest rates, and you see that […] She was an integral part in creating the problem, but then somehow she’s going to apply policies that are going to fix the problem she already started.”

One aspect of Harris’ targets on bringing down inflation is so-called “price gouging,” when sellers ramp up prices to artificially high rates when demand increases. However, gouging is usually much more severe than the inflation Americans have seen over the past several years.

“If they tell you that that the groceries have gone up because of price gouging, they are lying to you,” the governor said. “Price gouging can happen. But in the grocery store, if someone started charging, you know, 25-30% more for orange juice, while other companies, then, would offer the market price and they get your business. I mean, it’s a competitive environment.”

“The reason why the prices have gone up is because all of the federal government’s policies interrupted supply chains,” he said. “Pump too much money into the economy, devalued. All these things have led to this. And so, to say you’re going to impose, basically, price controls on that – that will not work.”

DeSantis dismissed the notion of price controls ever working, saying, for example, that charging five cents for eggs would resultingly be sound policy.

“I mean, why not? If that’s how it could be done, we would just do that. We know that doesn’t work,” DeSantis said. “We know when that’s been tried, it’s been an utter failure. So, this price control – that is a ruse, just to try to mask the fact that the underlying problems that people are having to deal with are government-created.”

Gunny
08-24-2024, 12:27 PM
I still think he should have waited to take a shot at the Presidency until after Trump is out of the picture. Now he's got a failed attempt on the books because he tried to interfere with the anointed one.

As far as I' concerned, he can hammer away at Walz (and Harris). He gets media attention and he's not running for President.