PDA

View Full Version : 'Never went to war': Walz ripped for saying he wants to ban guns he 'carried in war'

Gunny
08-08-2024, 09:49 AM
I guess I have to laugh at this issue, even though apparently people are listening:laugh: On one side you have a Public Affairs Office, enlisted clerk going after a weekend warrior whose statement, IMO, has probable deniability. On the other, a Dem fool who no doubt tries to give a note of authority to his argument on gun control by touting his "military record" and experience.

If Walz retired rather than deploy, he wouldn't be the first nor even close to it. The difference here being Walz had a choice. Vance was on active duty and did not. Not taking a side here. I think Walz is a liberal POS, service or no and I don't like Vance.

I can see why Trump likes Vance. Rather than attack Walz on his stupid policies, he wants to engage in character assassination.

'Never went to war': Walz ripped for saying he wants to ban guns he 'carried in war' (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/never-went-to-war-walz-ripped-for-saying-he-wants-to-ban-guns-he-carried-in-war/ar-AA1orjug?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=de3a8b979a2041008e5344dce028232d&ei=44)

Kathianne
08-08-2024, 10:01 AM
I guess I have to laugh at this issue, even though apparently people are listening:laugh: On one side you have a Public Affairs Office, enlisted clerk going after a weekend warrior whose statement, IMO, has probable deniability. On the other, a Dem fool who no doubt tries to give a note of authority to his argument on gun control by touting his "military record" and experience.

If Walz retired rather than deploy, he wouldn't be the first nor even close to it. The difference here being Walz had a choice. Vance was on active duty and did not. Not taking a side here. I think Walz is a liberal POS, service or no and I don't like Vance.

I can see why Trump likes Vance. Rather than attack Walz on his stupid policies, he wants to engage in character assassination.

'Never went to war': Walz ripped for saying he wants to ban guns he 'carried in war' (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/never-went-to-war-walz-ripped-for-saying-he-wants-to-ban-guns-he-carried-in-war/ar-AA1orjug?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=de3a8b979a2041008e5344dce028232d&ei=44)

I understand your differentiation between active duty and reserves. I don't think this is about that though, though Harris' campaign wants that.

It's about claiming experiences that never were.

Weirdly here is FOX, reporting on CNN coverage:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-fact-checks-tim-walz-about-absolutely-false-claim-he-carried-weapons-war

Once again I'm seeing the extreme left claiming ownership of traits it not only lacks, but finds offensive in the day-to-day. If it helps with those out in the areas of cows and rocks, more power to them.

Kathianne
08-08-2024, 04:20 PM
Getting worse, 'Served in Afghanistan,' but he didnt:

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2024/08/08/stolen-valor-scandal-gets-worse-if-possible-n3792870

Black Diamond
08-08-2024, 04:36 PM
CNN seems to be helping us a bit lately

Black Diamond
08-08-2024, 04:38 PM

Might be worth it this time. And What did the swift boat thing have to do with Kerry's policies?

Black Diamond
08-08-2024, 04:39 PM
Might be worth it this time. And What did the swift boat thing have to do with Kerry's policies?

Having said that, Gunny this stuff must make your blood boil

Gunny
08-08-2024, 06:31 PM
Getting worse, 'Served in Afghanistan,' but he didnt:

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2024/08/08/stolen-valor-scandal-gets-worse-if-possible-n3792870

CNN seems to be helping us a bit lately

Having said that, @Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30) this stuff must make your blood boil

Some things are black or white and others gray. To clarify, my stance on Walz has little to do with my stance on Vance.

My issue with Vance is he needs to focus. Easy for me to believe he's a shit for brains, 1-hitch Corporal. Going personal always works for the Dems, never the Republican't's. He's got enough problems without emulating his fearless, mudslinging leader. Walz is a walking disaster as a leader and his troops probably dodged a bullet y his retiring prior to deployment.

Do after Walz's policies as Governor of MN. That state he let burn? The one he had tampons installed in all the boys' bathrooms in school?

I never said let the stolen valor go. Just remember it only matters to us, not the left. Kerry is a perfect example. Looks more and more like this nimrod is even worse. At least Kerry was actually there hiding out in sick bay with his shrapnel wound while he witnessed every Olive Stone war crime at one time:rolleyes: Do recall all going after Kerry's record did on the left was have it double down on the right was lying. The swifties were lying for political reasons.

Walz apparently didn't ever get there. I'm not questioning that. He did his time and retired when he had to choose between public office or his weekend warrior gig.

His lies that seem to be compounding themselves daily are unacceptable to me. Not like there's a chance in Hell he is or was getting my vote anyway. I'm not the one that needs convincing. As I, and others, have continually said about Trump: the nasty, personal attacks are uncalled for and just turn people off. Vance is trying to be a smarmy smartass like his boss instead of making his case and moving on.

The Dems are stuck with this guy. I'm not waiting on the MSM to go after him the way they have anyone not them. The rightwingnut media has enough voice if it could stick to a theme to keep this kind of shit front and center. Trump/Vance should not have to. But, they're not Dems:rolleyes:

As far as my personal feelings about stolen valor? I've lost fellow Marines, some friends, and seen some of them die. He can choke to death on his own lies as far as I'm concerned. Him and anyone like him. Some pieces of shit have no respect for anything. To include those better than them that made the ultimate and real sacrifice.

Gunny
08-08-2024, 07:13 PM
I saw this one coming without my glasses on:rolleyes:

Mr Vance also says Mr Walz made “dishonest” claims about serving in combat in a video promoted by the Harris campaign.
During a clip in which he is talking about gun control (https://x.com/KamalaHQ/status/1820918063966962143) in the US, he appears to say he carried weapons in war himself, according to the transcription from the campaign.
But what he actually meant is not entirely clear.
Mr Waltz went to Italy with the National Guard in 2003 as part of support for the US war in Afghanistan - but he was never deployed to an active war zone.
Responding to this claim about Mr Walz, a Harris campaign spokesperson said: “In his 24 years of service, the Governor carried, fired and trained others to use weapons of war innumerable times."

What we know about military records of Walz and Vance (bbc.com) (https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cze5gzr97ewo)

SassyLady
08-09-2024, 07:02 PM
Some things are black or white and others gray. To clarify, my stance on Walz has little to do with my stance on Vance.

My issue with Vance is he needs to focus. Easy for me to believe he's a shit for brains, 1-hitch Corporal. Going personal always works for the Dems, never the Republican't's. He's got enough problems without emulating his fearless, mudslinging leader. Walz is a walking disaster as a leader and his troops probably dodged a bullet y his retiring prior to deployment.

Do after Walz's policies as Governor of MN. That state he let burn? The one he had tampons installed in all the boys' bathrooms in school?

I never said let the stolen valor go. Just remember it only matters to us, not the left. Kerry is a perfect example. Looks more and more like this nimrod is even worse. At least Kerry was actually there hiding out in sick bay with his shrapnel wound while he witnessed every Olive Stone war crime at one time:rolleyes: Do recall all going after Kerry's record did on the left was have it double down on the right was lying. The swifties were lying for political reasons.

Walz apparently didn't ever get there. I'm not questioning that. He did his time and retired when he had to choose between public office or his weekend warrior gig.

His lies that seem to be compounding themselves daily are unacceptable to me. Not like there's a chance in Hell he is or was getting my vote anyway. I'm not the one that needs convincing. As I, and others, have continually said about Trump: the nasty, personal attacks are uncalled for and just turn people off. Vance is trying to be a smarmy smartass like his boss instead of making his case and moving on.

The Dems are stuck with this guy. I'm not waiting on the MSM to go after him the way they have anyone not them. The rightwingnut media has enough voice if it could stick to a theme to keep this kind of shit front and center. Trump/Vance should not have to. But, they're not Dems:rolleyes:

As far as my personal feelings about stolen valor? I've lost fellow Marines, some friends, and seen some of them die. He can choke to death on his own lies as far as I'm concerned. Him and anyone like him. Some pieces of shit have no respect for anything. To include those better than them that made the ultimate and real sacrifice.
He also said he retired as a CSM. And claimed that in order to get benefits. Might want to check his new profile info on campaign website. I think they are now saying he retired as a First Sgt. Apparently that's why a lot of his unit are mad at him as well