PDA

View Full Version : Trump And RFK Jr. Possible 'Deal' In The Works?

Kathianne
07-24-2024, 09:29 AM
https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2024/07/24/oh-my-deal-brewing-between-trump-rfk-n3792207

I'm with the bottom line of the article, may prove to be a disaster even if successful. An anti-vax person in charge of HHS?

Oh My: Deal Brewing Between Trump, RFK?ED MORRISSEY 9:40 AM | July 24, 2024

AP Photo/Meg Kinnard
Color me highly skeptical about this latest development. The idea that Robert F Kennedy Jr and Donald Trump could team up to defeat Kamala Harris sounds more like Fantasy League Politics than an actual possibility.

Of course, so did Joe Biden's withdrawal and the anointing of Harris in the first place. This cycle is already so nuts that this report from ABC News sounds almost normal:

Former President Donald Trump and Robert F. Kennedy Jr. spoke multiple times in the span of a few days this month, multiple people familiar with the conversations told ABC News, including an in-person meeting in Milwaukee during the Republican National Convention where the two presidential candidates discussed ways Kennedy could be involved in a second Trump administration.

At least one idea floated, according to two people with knowledge of the talks, was for Kennedy, a vaccine skeptic who speaks often about the perils of chronic disease, to oversee the Health and Human Services Department under a possible Trump administration.

According to one source, the in-person meeting, which took place the Monday of the convention, never reached a point where Trump and Kennedy had a deal in place for Kennedy to exit the race and endorse the former president in exchange for a role in the administration. Rather, it was an "informal," "free flowing" conversation, the source said.

So no deal yet, but according to this single-sourced report (a red flag, of course), a deal did get floated in the discussion. That in itself is remarkable, although with Donald "The Art of the Deal" Trump, not terribly surprising. RFK may take more votes from Democrats, at least speculatively, but he does take some from Trump too. Getting RFK to endorse him and withdraw from the race might not just get Trump those voters but also the disaffected Democrats that abandoned Biden, and will probably abandon Harris too.

Although one does have to wonder whether Trump would be better off with RFK absorbing those voters, especially close-run swing states. Ralph Nader turned out to be awfully handy for George W. Bush in Florida, or so Democrats will believe until their dying breath.

Why would Kennedy consider this kind of a deal? For one thing, Kennedy has zero chance of winning; that was true before the assassination attempt on Trump and even more zero-y after it. Kennedy can't go back to the Democrats in their current form either. Kennedy may be a nut on certain issues, but he recognizes that the Democrats have gone nuts on practically everything else, dumping their working-class roots and orientation for elite authoritarianism and segregation. (Again.)

ABC's report claims this weighs heavily on Kennedy's mind, and that he may see a Trump partnership as a way to jolt his old party into jettisoning their new elites:

Two people familiar with Kennedy's thinking told ABC News that the agreement to meet with Trump stemmed from Kennedy's desire for national unity.

According to one of the sources, Kennedy has tried to connect with Democratic leaders regularly for roughly a year to try to discuss ways to "bring the party back to its roots," but has not succeeded in having those conversations.

After watching the party abandon any sense of democracy in anointing Harris as its nominee, Kennedy probably isn't anticipating having any of these conversations in the future, either. I wrote yesterday about the Democrats' divorce from its roots in favor of the Marxist Left elites, a process completed by pushing "Scranton Joe" Biden onto the dungheap and selecting the intellectually vapid Harris as their puppet. Kennedy may not be the real solution to the problem, but he at least grasps its basic outlines. And he knows that the only way to force the party to change is to see it suffer a major defeat in November.

So that's why both men may want to cut a deal to have RFK endorse Trump. Whether that's wise for Trump is another matter. If the deal involves putting Kennedy in charge of HHS, that will look insane to the normies. There are plenty of questions still left to be answered about the COVID vaccines and the attempts by the technocrats to hijack democracy during the pandemic, but Kennedy is an anti-vaxx nut on the Jenny McCarthy fringe (updated to add link). His background in medicine mainly consists of opposing vaccines entirely. He just happened to be generally right to be skeptical about the specific COVID vaccines.

But that's a down-the-road consideration for Trump. In the short run, an alliance with Kennedy could be a game-changer, and Trump likes bold moves ... even in a position where playing it safe could be a better choice.

Gunny
07-24-2024, 10:02 AM
https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2024/07/24/oh-my-deal-brewing-between-trump-rfk-n3792207

I'm with the bottom line of the article, may prove to be a disaster even if successful. An anti-vax person in charge of HHS?Interesting. My default thought on Kennedy is pretty simple:

"I'm not on steroids. I'm on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT)" :smoke:

All the disclaimers soapbox: I have never used steroids. However, I have no issue with them for personal use. Not okay with using them in competitive sports as they are as unfair an advantage as men stealing all these women's titles. They DO have medical benefits despite all the scapegoating propaganda. That's used properly, not abused. Lucky for us, Big Brother deems it necessary to screw over the normal people making rules based on abusers. Sinus meds, anyone?:rolleyes:

I digress :). TRT is of course prescribed and monitored by a doctor. As steroids used to be. It artificially replaces the testosterone the body no longer produces with age. The only differences between TRT and illegally using anabolic steroids are reason and legality. And who you are. I have YET to see or hear the media go after RFK.Jr as a steroid abuser.

So I'm watching this video where RFK. Jr is explaining to Jeff Cavaliere (sports medicine guru) the aforementioned quote while the latter's eyes about roll out of his head :laugh:

And the article is talking possible position in medicine for this guy who won't even call a spade a spade? We already got that:rolleyes:

Kathianne
07-24-2024, 10:04 AM
Interesting. My default thought on Kennedy is pretty simple:

"I'm not on steroids. I'm on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT)" :smoke:

All the disclaimers soapbox: I have never used steroids. However, I have no issue with them for personal use. Not okay with using them in competitive sports as they are as unfair an advantage as men stealing all these women's titles. They DO have medical benefits despite all the scapegoating propaganda. That's used properly, not abused. Lucky for us, Big Brother deems it necessary to screw over the normal people making rules based on abusers. Sinus meds, anyone?:rolleyes:

I digress :). TRT is of course prescribed and monitored by a doctor. As steroids used to be. It artificially replaces the testosterone the body no longer produces with age. The only differences between TRT and illegally using anabolic steroids are reason and legality. And who you are. I have YET to see or hear the media go after RFK.Jr as a steroid abuser.

So I'm watching this video where RFK. Jr is explaining to Jeff Cavaliere (sports medicine guru) the aforementioned quote while the latter's eyes about roll out of his head :laugh:

And the article is talking possible position in medicine for this guy who won't even call a spade a spade? We already got that:rolleyes:

I'm more concerned about 'MMR and autism lies.' etc.

Gunny
07-24-2024, 10:37 AM
I'm more concerned about 'MMR and autism lies.' etc.I have not done a bunch of research on him. From what I have seen, he is at least borderline conspiracy theorist. I don't see that line of thought working at all with National medicine. Whether anyone likes it or not, National medicine and all that it entails is to our benefit. Even the cynic in me knows the government can't tax the dead. They need live sheep to fleece.

Nothing he has stated so far about anything has impressed me.

There's the elephant in the room - Vance. He's already been chosen, and agreed upon by the convention? What is it the right is blowing hot air all over anyone that will listen about Harris not being chosen by the people?

THEN there's I don't think Trump and Kennedy could get along. There's a public feud that doesn't need to happen.

revelarts
07-24-2024, 10:40 AM

I'm with the bottom line of the article, may prove to be a disaster even if successful. An anti-vax person in charge of HHS?

IMHO He should be put in charge of the HHS & the FDA.

As far as his "anti-vax" status.
If i've heard RFK jr correctly, the 1st thing he'd do is not BAN vaccines, but fund & publish studies on all the vaccines.
Studies that have never been done.
Such as studies on the effects of giving multiple vaccines at once.
Studies on effectiveness of vaccines vs placebos or other drugs.
Question the cost vs benefit of each.

Also I suspect he might remove from the govt vaccine schedule for children/newborns vaccines like HepB which is a sexually transmitted disease.

But I suspect that any of that is too much for some folks to bare, because "the science is settled".
Since many have an unshakable belief in anything called vaccines. It's a subject that goes beyond testing or questioning.

It seems that polio fixed the idea in people's minds that vaccines are a savior, and after that, every other vaccine has ridden in on it's coat tails.
As unquestionable lifesaving "science" that people must be forced to do... for the greater good.

Kathianne
07-24-2024, 10:52 AM

If i've heard RFK jr correctly, the 1st thing he'd do is not BAN vaccines, but fund & publish studies on all the vaccines.

Also I suspect he might remove from the govt vaccine schedule for children/newborns vaccines like HepB which is a sexually transmitted disease.

But I suspect that any of that is too much for some folks to bare, because "the science is settled".
Since many have an unshakable belief in anything called vaccines. It's a subject that goes beyond testing or questioning.

It seems that polio fixed the idea in people's minds that vaccines are a savior, and after that, every other vaccine has ridden in on it's coat tails.
As unquestionable lifesaving "science" that people must be forced to do... for the greater good.

Of course you have a right to your opinion, I just hope it doesn't come to pass on this issue.

revelarts
07-24-2024, 12:05 PM
Of course you have a right to your opinion, I just hope it doesn't come to pass on this issue.

What are you concerned he might do?
Based on what he's said or done.

Kathianne
07-24-2024, 12:09 PM
What are you concerned he might do?
Based on what he's said or done.

I'd say if he started with your wish list, I'd be very unhappy.

revelarts
07-24-2024, 12:16 PM
I'd say if he started with your wish list, I'd be very unhappy.
everything on that list would make you unhappy?

Kathianne
07-24-2024, 12:19 PM
everything on that list would make you unhappy?

Studies? Of course not. Halting vaccines that have saved thousands? Yeah, major problem.

SassyLady
07-24-2024, 02:52 PM

That would be a good position for him. He's not anti vax ... he just wants accountability. He's spent his whole life fighting for the injured.

revelarts
07-24-2024, 08:04 PM
Studies? Of course not.

agreed

Halting vaccines that have saved thousands? Yeah, major problem.
I mentioned halting the Hep B vaccine for children.

this is what the Mayo clinic says about how people get Hepatitis infection.

"Hepatitis B - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic
Causes
Hepatitis B infection is caused by the hepatitis B virus (HBV).
The virus is passed from person to person through blood, semen or other body fluids.
It does not spread by sneezing or coughing.

Common ways that HBV can spread are:
•Sexual contact. You may get hepatitis B if you have unprotected sex with someone who is infected. The virus can pass to you if the person's blood, saliva, semen or vaginal secretions enter your body.
•Sharing of needles. HBV easily spreads through needles and syringes contaminated with infected blood. Sharing IV drug paraphernalia puts you at high risk of hepatitis B.
•Accidental needle sticks. Hepatitis B is a concern for health care workers and anyone else who comes in contact with human blood.
•Mother to child. Pregnant women infected with HBV can pass the virus to their babies during childbirth. However, the newborn can be vaccinated to avoid getting infected in almost all cases. Talk to your provider about being tested for hepatitis B if you are pregnant or want to become pregnant."
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hepatitis-b/symptoms-causes/syc-20366802

I'm not sure why ALL babies in the U.S. need to have this vaccine? Do you think that they should?
Seems to me that it should up to the parents.
Seems to me Doctors should be free to recommend it or not.
The Govt can do studies and test for safety and effectiveness and FULLY report those findings to the public that paid for it.
Beyond that, they've over stepped their authority IMO.

And I'm not sure that "thousands" have been saved by HepB vaccines to babies.
There were no homes on every block filled with children dying with HepB before 1991 when I believe it was approved.

Kathianne
07-24-2024, 09:49 PM
agreed

I mentioned halting the Hep B vaccine for children.

this is what the Mayo clinic says about how people get Hepatitis infection.

"Hepatitis B - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic
Causes
Hepatitis B infection is caused by the hepatitis B virus (HBV).
The virus is passed from person to person through blood, semen or other body fluids.
It does not spread by sneezing or coughing.

Common ways that HBV can spread are:
•Sexual contact. You may get hepatitis B if you have unprotected sex with someone who is infected. The virus can pass to you if the person's blood, saliva, semen or vaginal secretions enter your body.
•Sharing of needles. HBV easily spreads through needles and syringes contaminated with infected blood. Sharing IV drug paraphernalia puts you at high risk of hepatitis B.
•Accidental needle sticks. Hepatitis B is a concern for health care workers and anyone else who comes in contact with human blood.
•Mother to child. Pregnant women infected with HBV can pass the virus to their babies during childbirth. However, the newborn can be vaccinated to avoid getting infected in almost all cases. Talk to your provider about being tested for hepatitis B if you are pregnant or want to become pregnant."
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hepatitis-b/symptoms-causes/syc-20366802

I'm not sure why ALL babies in the U.S. need to have this vaccine? Do you think that should?
Seems to me that it should up to the parents.
Seems to me Doctors should be free to recommend it or not.
The Govt can do studies and test for safety and effectiveness and FULLY report those findings to the public that paid for it.
Beyond that, they've over stepped their authority IMO.

And I'm not sure that "thousands" have been saved by HepB vaccines to babies.
There were no homes on every block filled with children dying with HepB before 1991 when I believe it was approved.

Any vaccine that is voluntary, I did not give to my kids or myself, except covid. IF I I had it to do now, I wouldn't, but I made best choice with what I knew at time.

I do not want a halt or lessening of school mandates on polio, mmr, dpt,

Gunny
07-25-2024, 11:12 AM
Any vaccine that is voluntary, I did not give to my kids or myself, except covid. IF I I had it to do now, I wouldn't, but I made best choice with what I knew at time.

I do not want a halt or lessening of school mandates on polio, mmr, dpt,I am not for going backward. I'm not for a pause while the doubters who will never be satisfied with any answer unless it mirrors their own. I'm for going forward.

Been right around a hundred years since Rudolph Valentino and everyone else who contracted it died of peritonitis. What we consider simple antibiotics could have saved them. Venereal disease was a slow, lingering death sentence. Hep B is a killer. The slow, lingering death type. It is NOT just an STD.

I'm fine with anyone that wants to take their chances because they are smarter than science. I'm not okay with them sharing their death sentence. Been my stance all along.

revelarts
07-25-2024, 11:37 AM
I am not for going backward. I'm not for a pause while the doubters who will never be satisfied with any answer unless it mirrors their own. I'm for going forward.

I'm not for more govt control over medicine.
While believers in govt will do everything it tells them to, and will never be satisfied with anyone who's answer doesn't mirror their unquestioning "yes sir" to the govt's "recommendations".

Govt records show that Covid vax has killed more than all the other vaxs combined.
Govt has overseen lawsuits against FDA approved drugs that have killed & addicted millions.
The Pharma companies have paid out BILLIONS in fines and seem to take it as the cost of doing business.
Big Pharma makes billions off of getting the govt to mandate vaccines to EVERYONE, and somehow the Drug company executives are often in the FDA & HHS making recommendations & approvals for vaccines... then they leave and go back to the Pharma companies after their "public service".

But hey no one should question medical "progress" that has brought us the rise in children's Autism, ADHD, SIDs, Allergies to everything, etc...
No one should check and see if anything might be connected to the medical progress in adding 30+ vaccines shot to the schedule.
That'd be like going Backwards:rolleyes:.

Wish more people knew about honest "after action reports".
But changing methods after finding out that a method is not as good as advertised or that there are better methods of dealing with issues, is like going backwards i guess.

Gunny
07-25-2024, 11:59 AM
I'm not for more govt control over medicine.
While believers in govt will do everything it tells them to, and will never be satisfied with anyone who's answer doesn't mirror their unquestioning "yes sir" to the govt's "recommendations".

Govt records show that Covid vax has killed more than all the other vaxs combined.
Govt has overseen lawsuits against FDA approved drugs that have killed & addicted millions.
The Pharma companies have paid out BILLIONS in fines and seem to take it as the cost of doing business.
Big Pharma makes billions off of getting the govt to mandate vaccines to EVERYONE, and somehow the Drug company executives are often in the FDA & HHS making recommendations & approvals for vaccines... then they leave and go back to the Pharma companies after their "public service".

But hey no one should question medical "progress" that has brought us the rise in children's Autism, ADHD, SIDs, Allergies to everything, etc...
No one should check and see if anything might be connected to the medical progress in adding 30+ vaccines shot to the schedule.
That'd be like going Backwards:rolleyes:.

Wish more people knew about honest "after action reports".
But changing methods after finding out that a method is not as good as advertised or that there are better methods of dealing with issues, is like going backwards i guess.Dying from something easily preventable is stupid.

It isn't that people don't believe in honest after-action reports nor accountability. It's that people consider the sources as well. There is as much dishonesty from the anti-vax crowd as there is government. THAT i the whole problem of which you comprise half: The pharmaceutical companies will lie to make a sale and anti-vaxxers will lie to try and convince people they're going to die from vaccines. Those of us stuck in the middle that would actually LOVE to see the actual facts just get fed bullshit no matter which way we turn. Fact has been lost to fearmongering BS.

The second y'all (all-inclusive) politicized this shit projecting your fears as fact, all hope of every knowing the truth was lost.

fj1200
07-25-2024, 03:13 PM
A populist match made in heaven.

revelarts
07-25-2024, 05:09 PM
Dying from something easily preventable is stupid.

It isn't that people don't believe in honest after-action reports nor accountability. It's that people consider the sources as well. There is as much dishonesty from the anti-vax crowd as there is government. THAT i the whole problem of which you comprise half: The pharmaceutical companies will lie to make a sale and anti-vaxxers will lie to try and convince people they're going to die from vaccines. Those of us stuck in the middle that would actually LOVE to see the actual facts just get fed bullshit no matter which way we turn. Fact has been lost to fearmongering BS.

The second y'all (all-inclusive) politicized this shit projecting your fears as fact, all hope of every knowing the truth was lost.

Anti-vaxxers aren't in court trying to hide studies for 75+ years.
Anti-vaxxers aren't on the MSM & social media hiding & censoring doctors, researchers and studies.
Anti-vaxxers never forced anyone to take or not take anything.

As far as fear-mongering goes, the U.S. Canadain & UK gov'ts all paid for & used professional military grade psychological fear propaganda against us all Gunny.
But I guess anti-vaxxers scary memes/cartoons, and the weirdos talk of "tracking chips" in the vaccine was to powerful for you?
And Anti-vaxxers Facts. But yes, Facts & common sense can be scary.

The -both sides- thing you try to swing on this issue is BS.

If you were really in the middle you'd be able to view ALL the information available from all sources. there'd be real public scientific debates. You can't even see that the big pharma has not allowed you to be -in the middle- it seems to me you believe them them by default.
Is everything I post against them questioned by default?
Am i wrong here?

Big pharma/MSM/SM has not allowed a REAL middle, because the will not engage the counter experts or the data. They just dismiss, ignore, smear, censor, deplatform, demonetize, take credentials, fire and harass in other ways.
If they really had the best scientific position then they shouldn't have to use the bullying fear filled propaganda tactics.
And appeals to "that's the way it's always done" &/or "it's progress." & "trust US, we're the REAL experts".

If we were all given all the info, GOOD, BAD & UGLY, from the start we'd all be able to make your own decision rather than having to just trust anyone.
As it is, trying to get all the info is like pulling rotten teeth on a fishing boat in a hurricane.
While people are complaining that you're scaring them.

Kathianne
07-25-2024, 05:16 PM
Dying from something easily preventable is stupid.

Not to mention the 'like the left' it's not enough for them to say, 'No!' for themselves, but everyone must go their way.

revelarts
07-25-2024, 05:20 PM
Not to mention the 'like the left' it's not enough for them to say, 'No!' for themselves, but everyone must go their way.

Who wants the govt to promote vaccines & for everyone to take vaccines?
The vaccines that they think are important?

SassyLady
07-25-2024, 10:00 PM
I was more pissed off about the mandates than the vaccine. But because of the mandates and the censorship of not allowing any questions ... especially not showing questiios by experts not on the big pharma bandwagon, I became suspicious and did a lot of research.

I remember the documentary Plandemic and how fast it was pulled down. Lot of info that our government didn't want getting out there.

Gunny
07-26-2024, 09:27 AM
Anti-vaxxers aren't in court trying to hide studies for 75+ years.
Anti-vaxxers aren't on the MSM & social media hiding & censoring doctors, researchers and studies.
Anti-vaxxers never forced anyone to take or not take anything.

As far as fear-mongering goes, the U.S. Canadain & UK gov'ts all paid for & used professional military grade psychological fear propaganda against us all Gunny.
But I guess anti-vaxxers scary memes/cartoons, and the weirdos talk of "tracking chips" in the vaccine was to powerful for you?
And Anti-vaxxers Facts. But yes, Facts & common sense can be scary.

The -both sides- thing you try to swing on this issue is BS.

If you were really in the middle you'd be able to view ALL the information available from all sources. there'd be real public scientific debates. You can't even see that the big pharma has not allowed you to be -in the middle- it seems to me you believe them them by default.
Is everything I post against them questioned by default?
Am i wrong here?

Big pharma/MSM/SM has not allowed a REAL middle, because the will not engage the counter experts or the data. They just dismiss, ignore, smear, censor, deplatform, demonetize, take credentials, fire and harass in other ways.
If they really had the best scientific position then they shouldn't have to use the bullying fear filled propaganda tactics.
And appeals to "that's the way it's always done" &/or "it's progress." & "trust US, we're the REAL experts".

If we were all given all the info, GOOD, BAD & UGLY, from the start we'd all be able to make your own decision rather than having to just trust anyone.
As it is, trying to get all the info is like pulling rotten teeth on a fishing boat in a hurricane.
While people are complaining that you're scaring them.

To quote Luke Skywalker: "Amazing. Everything you just said is wrong." :)

SassyLady
07-26-2024, 06:33 PM
To quote Luke Skywalker: "Amazing. Everything you just said is wrong." :)

I agree with this quote as it applies to your assessment of Revs post. You are wrong in stating that his info is wrong.