PDA

View Full Version : Trump assassination attempt lays bare deep religious divisions in the U.S.

Gunny
07-18-2024, 08:13 PM
Good article. I should have known there was a group of anti-Christian Nationalists. Sound like Christian liberals to me. But they call themselves conservative.

Trump assassination attempt: Republicans say God intervened : NPR (https://www.npr.org/2024/07/15/nx-s1-5040606/trumps-assassination-shooting-god-religion)

SassyLady
07-19-2024, 12:04 AM
Pretty much anything from NPR is going to be anti Conservative propaganda.

revelarts
07-19-2024, 09:57 AM
A woman that use to go the same church as me sent me a video of 15 reasons why Trump is the Anti-Christ.
Another guy from the same old Church sent me a video on why Trump is God's bulwark against the Anti-Christ.

saw on Twitter a few pastors and Christians saying that "God intervened" in the situation.
Others said that Trump's Life & Death has been ordained long ago, like all of ours.

I lean towards the later.

I'm not sure why some people want to put so much Faith in our politicians or even our nation.
God says all the nations and the leaders are all like drops in a bucket.
That heaven is his throne and the earth is his footstool.
He does what he wants and allows what He will.
Ultimately (daily) We all have to align ourselves with his goals... in all aspects of our lives... or not... including our politics?

But hey some people think they have to set God aside & be realistic when they think about politics, war, economics, ....marriage... children... health... education... work... play... life and death...
But God's very important in other areas.

fj1200
07-19-2024, 10:01 AM
Was Obama to the left any different? I think not.

Gunny
07-19-2024, 11:04 AM
A woman that use to go the same church as me sent me a video of 15 reasons why Trump is the Anti-Christ.
Another guy from the same old Church sent me a video on why Trump is God's bulwark against the Anti-Christ.

saw on Twitter a few pastors and Christians saying that "God intervened" in the situation.
Others said that Trump's Life & Death has been ordained long ago, like all of ours.

I lean towards the later.

I'm not sure why some people want to put so much Faith in our politicians or even our nation.
God says all the nations and the leaders are all like drops in a bucket.
That heaven is his throne and the earth is his footstool.
He does what he wants and allows what He will.
Ultimately (daily) We all have to align ourselves with his goals... in all aspects of our lives... or not... including our politics?

But hey some people think they have to set God aside & be realistic when they think about politics, war, economics, ....marriage... children... health... education... work... play... life and death...
But God's very important in other areas.You could complicate boiling water and put a negative spin on it:laugh:

You have free will. Choose wisely. Understanding, there are mortal consequences for violating Man's laws so no crying if one chooses to be in violation of them.

revelarts
07-19-2024, 11:29 AM
You could complicate boiling water and put a negative spin on it:laugh:

You have free will. Choose wisely. Understanding, there are mortal consequences for violating Man's laws so no crying if one chooses to be in violation of them.

mmm Ok
But I think i simplified it.

But hey, Jesus didn't break man's laws but somehow the state... 'mans laws'..., crucified him.
Many Prophets and apostles broke man's laws because they followed God to the best of their ability.

Not sure why folks can't cry out against Injustice against others or themselves.
Some (many?) of man's laws are BS.
Seems they should be violated & repealed. The founders and the SOCTUS have said as much BTW.
Which interestingly echos the POV of Peter.
Acts 4:16-21
.Israel's Leaders said, “What shall we do to these men? Because indeed a notable miracle has been done through them, as can be plainly seen by all who dwell in Jerusalem, and we can’t deny it. But so that this spreads no further among the people, let’s threaten them, that from now on they don’t speak to anyone in this name.”
They called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus.
But Peter and John answered them, “Whether it is right in the sight of God to listen to man rather than to God, judge for yourselves, for we can’t help telling the things which we saw and heard.”

Gunny
07-19-2024, 11:57 AM
mmm Ok
But I think i simplified it.

But hey, Jesus didn't break man's laws but somehow the state... 'mans laws'..., crucified him.
Many Prophets and apostles broke man's laws because they followed God to the best of their ability.

Not sure why folks can't cry out against Injustice against others or themselves.
Some (many?) of man's laws are BS.
Seems they should be violated & repealed. The founders and the SOCTUS have said as much BTW.
Which interestingly echos the POV of Peter.
Acts 4:16-21
.Israel's Leaders said, “What shall we do to these men? Because indeed a notable miracle has been done through them, as can be plainly seen by all who dwell in Jerusalem, and we can’t deny it. But so that this spreads no further among the people, let’s threaten them, that from now on they don’t speak to anyone in this name.”
They called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus.
But Peter and John answered them, “Whether it is right in the sight of God to listen to man rather than to God, judge for yourselves, for we can’t help telling the things which we saw and heard.”
Read your own quote. The law didn't kill Christ. Corrupt men did. If you recall correctly, even Pilate could find nothing unlawful that Christ did. The pharisees pushed for his crucifixion nonetheless and chose Barrabas, a criminal, to be freed instead.

Man hasn't changed much:rolleyes: You still have a choice to follow Man's laws or not. Christ knew what he was doing and knew the consequences.