PDA

View Full Version : Direct line of sight 'should not occur,' Mayorkas says

Gunny
07-15-2024, 02:04 PM
Says the idiot who denied a request for extra Secret Service support:rolleyes:

Direct line of sight 'should not occur,' Mayorkas says (msn.com) (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/direct-line-of-sight-should-not-occur-mayorkas-says/ar-BB1q0JWV?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=71e14a91524744d19420f88802b94fa2&ei=24)

Mr. P
07-15-2024, 02:42 PM
This buffoon also says the border is secure!

:rolleyes3:

revelarts
07-15-2024, 03:20 PM
Trump supporter was at a rally 4 years earlier in the same area, but by the airport.
As he arrived there 4 years ago he saw Secret Service snipers on every building & airport hanger roof.
When he arrived at this rally he saw none on the roofs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSpsBgYn-uM

SassyLady
07-15-2024, 04:40 PM
And if you dare think those roofs were left unsecured for a nefarious purpose you will be called a conspiracy nut.

revelarts
07-15-2024, 04:58 PM
And if you dare think those roofs were left unsecured for a nefarious purpose you will be called a conspiracy nut.

I'm sure they were just short staffed... you know, inflation... budget cuts...
and police can't trust rando Trumpers pointing at the roof yelling 'he's got a gun'... could have been a distraction from protecting the former president.
I mean look, drone cameras and the like malfunction sometimes too, just like high security prison cameras in NYC..

And look, mistakes happen Sassy. I suspect the FBI reports will tell us "mistakes were made" so forgetaboutit.
MTG better not say anything CRAZY! SHE"S a real problem:mad:, not Trump's security detail.
Any speculation other than official reports is CRAZY talk.
Especially if YOU WEREN'T THERE! The professionals know what they are doing! arm chair quarterbacking is not allowed.
The SS, FBI, CIA, NSA & local police did the best they could in an extremely difficult situation, clear day, good weather, complete control of the area days prior, every tool available to man. tough tough protection situation.
But "mistakes were made" ok.

Amazingly, Thankfully Trump survived, God bless the families of those that didn't.

SassyLady
07-15-2024, 05:46 PM

SassyLady
07-15-2024, 05:51 PM
Cops saw shooter 30 minutes before. Sniper was told not to engage? WTF?

https://www.toddstarnes.com/crime/gunman-spotted-on-roof-by-cops-30-minutes-prior-to-trump-shooting/

Gunny
07-15-2024, 06:23 PM
Wow. Incompetent one minute, capable of far-fetched conspiracies that would never work the next:rolleyes:

revelarts
07-15-2024, 06:31 PM
MAYORKAS sheepishly just announced"
"In light of the recent events the President has directed me to work with the Secret Service to provide protection to Robert Kennedy Jr."

RFK jr Says there have already been 2 attempts on his life this year, both stopped by local law enforcement in the towns he was visiting.
It makes ZERO sense that he hasn't had it until now.
But with the level of "protection" the SS is giving these days he may be better off with local and private security.
Hopefully the SS will be too ashamed to fail again.

edit.. reply
Robert F. Kennedy Jr
"Thank you to President Biden for granting me Secret Service protection. And I am so grateful to Gavin deBecker & Associates for keeping me safe for the last 15 months of my Presidential campaign."

Gunny
07-15-2024, 06:38 PM
MAYORKAS sheepishly just announced"
"In light of the recent events the President has directed me to work with the Secret Service to provide protection to Robert Kennedy Jr."

RFK jr Says there have already been 2 attempts on his life this year, both stopped by local law enforcement in the towns he was visiting.
It makes ZERO sense that he hasn't had it until now.
But with the level of "protection" the SS is giving these days he may be better off with local and private security.
Hopefully the SS will be too ashamed to fail again.

What position exactly is it RFK, Jr holds that he rates Secret Service protection? Candidate? His name is RFK (Jr)? Trump I get. Former President. He has SS for life.

SassyLady
07-15-2024, 06:46 PM
What position exactly is it RFK, Jr holds that he rates Secret Service protection? Candidate? His name is RFK (Jr)? Trump I get. Former President. He has SS for life.
I think candidates get SS protection. I think Obama had it when he was running.

Black Diamond
07-15-2024, 06:52 PM
I think candidates get SS protection. I think Obama had it when he was running.

He did. Some program yesterday mentioned bullet proof glass i think

revelarts
07-15-2024, 06:53 PM
Yes he's a presidential candidate.
He should have had it long ago, just like Trump had when he 1st ran.

Black Diamond
07-15-2024, 06:55 PM
He should have had it long ago, just like Trump had when he 1st ran.

What are the rules as of now?

revelarts
07-15-2024, 06:58 PM
What are the rules as of now?

https://www.secretservice.gov/protection/leaders/campaign-2024

Black Diamond
07-15-2024, 07:02 PM
https://www.secretservice.gov/protection/leaders/campaign-2024

So because rfk jr polls below15 percent he wasn't getting protection?

revelarts
07-15-2024, 07:12 PM
So because rfk jr polls below15 percent he wasn't getting protection?

I think we was polling above 15%.
but for no good reason he was being rebuffed.
I know at one point he says that he was told by officials that he had to wait until June.. but June came and went and still no SS.

Black Diamond
07-15-2024, 07:16 PM
I think we was polling above 15%.
but for no good reason he was being rebuffed.
I know at one point he says that he was told by officials that he had to wait until June.. but June came and went and still no SS.

Does Kennedy even show up on real clear politics?

Gunny
07-15-2024, 07:18 PM
He should have had it long ago, just like Trump had when he 1st ran.Okay. Learn something new every day. I didn't realize "candidate" was a qualifier.

Black Diamond
07-15-2024, 07:21 PM
Okay. Learn something new every day. I didn't realize "candidate" was a qualifier.

Became that way after RFK was killed i guess

SassyLady
07-15-2024, 07:50 PM

revelarts
07-15-2024, 08:03 PM
matt walsh...
these lone gunmen are an amazing breed.
mythical powers like vampires

revelarts
07-15-2024, 08:11 PM
I've watched at least 3 arm chair quarterbacks, a former SS man, a former green beret Sniper & a former Canadian SS snipper,
They all say that this situation is beyond incompetents.

I guess they are all crazy.

Gunny
07-16-2024, 09:59 AM
I've watched at least 3 arm chair quarterbacks, a former SS man, a former green beret Sniper & a former Canadian SS snipper,
They all say that this situation is beyond incompetents.

I guess they are all crazy.I agree with that. But, THAT is what I agree with. Haven't ruled out anything more. Just haven't seen any REAL evidence to support anything else. Yet.

After looking at the venue and where the shooter was, he should not have been able to get that close carrying a rifle. Don't know about that either. An AR-15 can be broken down and stuffed in a bag. Minus metal detectors, it would not be that hard to smuggle, especially in today's age of the backpack.

One thing we harped on and were harped on about constantly -- and it can't be harped on enough -- is complacency. Same old shit, different day. Another MAGA event. Nothing ever happens. Going through the motions. Gets to be a challenge to see how quickly one can get set up and all the shit jobs done so you can endure this guy running his mouth and go the f- home. We were forever changing people and their assignments for that very reason.

I'm too paranoid but most people aren't which used to drive me nuts.

Another thing I noticed is they have video of this guy climbing onto the building. Where did that video come from and why wasn't it being watched? One choice is again complacency. Staring at a screen. Depends on whose video it is.

Been waiting for the Dems to claim Trump set it up himself for the sympathy points:rolleyes: I'll be damned if want sympathy points bad enough to let some shoot my ear. One click right windage and there would be no Trump.

SassyLady
07-16-2024, 10:51 AM
I agree with that. But, THAT is what I agree with. Haven't ruled out anything more. Just haven't seen any REAL evidence to support anything else. Yet.

After looking at the venue and where the shooter was, he should not have been able to get that close carrying a rifle. Don't know about that either. An AR-15 can be broken down and stuffed in a bag. Minus metal detectors, it would not be that hard to smuggle, especially in today's age of the backpack.

One thing we harped on and were harped on about constantly -- and it can't be harped on enough -- is complacency. Same old shit, different day. Another MAGA event. Nothing ever happens. Going through the motions. Gets to be a challenge to see how quickly one can get set up and all the shit jobs done so you can endure this guy running his mouth and go the f- home. We were forever changing people and their assignments for that very reason.

I'm too paranoid but most people aren't which used to drive me nuts.

Another thing I noticed is they have video of this guy climbing onto the building. Where did that video come from and why wasn't it being watched? One choice is again complacency. Staring at a screen. Depends on whose video it is.

Been waiting for the Dems to claim Trump set it up himself for the sympathy points:rolleyes: I'll be damned if want sympathy points bad enough to let some shoot my ear. One click right windage and there would be no Trump.

There's plenty of dems making exactly that claim.

Video of guy on roof was taken by attendees.

Gunny
07-16-2024, 11:11 AM
There's plenty of dems making exactly that claim.

Video of guy on roof was taken by attendees.Claiming Trump set himself up as a target to a 20 years old with a rifle holds about as much sand with me as most conspiracy theories. The left are the biggest fear-mongering conspiracy theorists in existence. Only the MSM and politicians have made it seem a right only club. Like the rest of their hypocrisies:rolleyes:

I doubt even Trump wants to be President THAT bad.

Black Diamond
07-16-2024, 12:07 PM
Claiming Trump set himself up as a target to a 20 years old with a rifle holds about as much sand with me as most conspiracy theories. The left are the biggest fear-mongering conspiracy theorists in existence. Only the MSM and politicians have made it seem a right only club. Like the rest of their hypocrisies:rolleyes:

I doubt even Trump wants to be President THAT bad.

Yeah let's use some kid to take shots and just hit his ear, and not his head. It's not Chris Kyle was on the roof.

Gunny
07-16-2024, 05:30 PM
Yeah let's use some kid to take shots and just hit his ear, and not his head. It's not Chris Kyle was on the roof.Wouldn't trust anyone lower than God to take that shot if it was my head :)