PDA

View Full Version : Debate fallout

SassyLady
06-27-2024, 10:47 PM
Full blown Democratic panic. Suggestions that Biden will be asked to step aside. It was glorious to watch CNN panel of analysts in total meltdown after debate

Black Diamond
06-28-2024, 01:27 AM
Sounds good

revelarts
06-28-2024, 08:25 AM
NBC news
Democrats are talking about replacing Joe Biden. That wouldn't be so easy.
Democratic Party rules make it almost impossible to replace nominees without their consent, let alone smoothly substitute in someone else.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/can-democrats-replace-joe-biden-ballot-rcna159374?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma&taid=667e48035ce9f80001486613&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/top-democratic-fundraisers-sound-alarm-bidens-debate-performance-rcna159388?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma&taid=667e3e7d4d7ae600013578db&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

SassyLady
06-28-2024, 09:39 AM
NBC news
Democratic Party rules make it almost impossible to replace nominees without their consent, let alone smoothly substitute in someone else.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/can-democrats-replace-joe-biden-ballot-rcna159374?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma&taid=667e48035ce9f80001486613&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/top-democratic-fundraisers-sound-alarm-bidens-debate-performance-rcna159388?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma&taid=667e3e7d4d7ae600013578db&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
I hope they don't replace him.

Black Diamond
06-28-2024, 09:40 AM
Do Dems always follow the rules?

NightTrain
06-28-2024, 11:18 AM
Full blown Democratic panic. Suggestions that Biden will be asked to step aside. It was glorious to watch CNN panel of analysts in total meltdown after debate

One of the CNN pundits actually said, "The Staffers and Handlers have been LYING to us! They told us he's sharp and energetic behind the scenes!"

I had to laugh. Yes, don't believe your lying eyes. All is well. Apparently the libs have been believing the story that Biden is very sharp and energetic behind closed doors, and saving his malfunctioning Roomba routine for public appearances. Honestly, I don't buy that they believed that - they were reacting to the American voters seeing the spectacle in raw, unadulterated form. Everyone who has ever been around a dementia victim immediately recognized his condition for what it is. And there was 90 minutes of that on display last night.

They can't lie about it now, and that's got them panicking.

Trump performed very well, comparatively, to his other debate performances. I was against the whole structure of that debate, because it was so clearly stacked in Biden's favor, but the structure is a winner. Much more terrority was covered this way by eliminating crosstalk and showcasing the actual substance of arguments which ended up hurting Biden badly - the man was all over the map and outright incoherent.

Oddly, immediately after that trainwreck, Biden showed up at a Waffle House after-party and was energized. The White House doc clearly had given him a booster of Adderall. Or maybe Hunter gave the old man a bump off his crack pipe. He certainly was much more alert than the preceeding 90 minutes after a short ride in the presidential limo.

Biden lost his relection campaign last night. The only question is if the rest of the DNC & elected democrats will allow themselves to unsee, again, that the emperor has no clothes. But the American people won't be deluded as easily.

The scene at CNN and MSNBC was indeed glorious. One of them actually moaned that Kamala was more unpopular than Biden as they contemplated their bleak future. Shoot that straight into my veins.

NightTrain
06-28-2024, 11:21 AM
NBC news

Yep. But if they want even a sliver of a chance, they'd better get to breaking their rules. I'm good with them running him. Can't wait to see the polls after that disaster.

fj1200
06-28-2024, 12:49 PM
NBC news

And then there's Harris...

Do Dems always follow the rules?

I think they pretty much have to because delegates can't go rogue until after the initial voting but biden has it all locked up.

One of the CNN pundits actually said, "The Staffers and Handlers have been LYING to us! They told us he's sharp and energetic behind the scenes!"

I had to laugh. Yes, don't believe your lying eyes. All is well. Apparently the libs have been believing the story that Biden is very sharp and energetic behind closed doors, and saving his malfunctioning Roomba routine for public appearances. Honestly, I don't buy that they believed that - they were reacting to the American voters seeing the spectacle in raw, unadulterated form. Everyone who has ever been around a dementia victim immediately recognized his condition for what it is. And there was 90 minutes of that on display last night.

They can't lie about it now, and that's got them panicking.

Trump performed very well, comparatively, to his other debate performances. I was against the whole structure of that debate, because it was so clearly stacked in Biden's favor, but the structure is a winner. Much more terrority was covered this way by eliminating crosstalk and showcasing the actual substance of arguments which ended up hurting Biden badly - the man was all over the map and outright incoherent.

Oddly, immediately after that trainwreck, Biden showed up at a Waffle House after-party and was energized. The White House doc clearly had given him a booster of Adderall. Or maybe Hunter gave the old man a bump off his crack pipe. He certainly was much more alert than the preceeding 90 minutes after a short ride in the presidential limo.

Biden lost his relection campaign last night. The only question is if the rest of the DNC & elected democrats will allow themselves to unsee, again, that the emperor has no clothes. But the American people won't be deluded as easily.

The scene at CNN and MSNBC was indeed glorious. One of them actually moaned that Kamala was more unpopular than Biden as they contemplated their bleak future. Shoot that straight into my veins.

It may have been designed to be stacked in biden's favor but probably really worked out for trump because there was no benefit to him shouting out of turn. And there was no covering up biden's ineptitude in this format.

Black Diamond
06-28-2024, 12:54 PM

I think they pretty much have to because delegates can't go rogue until after the initial voting but biden has it all locked up.

It may have been designed to be stacked in biden's favor but probably really worked out for trump because there was no benefit to him shouting out of turn. And there was no covering up biden's ineptitude in this format.

So cnn helped to hurt Biden. Love it

Gunny
06-28-2024, 01:04 PM

That was going to be my question: Doesn't he already have the votes for nomination locked up?

fj1200
06-28-2024, 01:06 PM
So cnn helped to hurt Biden. Love it

Yup, I have to imagine that there was some back and forth between the two sides too but I didn't follow very closely.

That was going to be my question: Doesn't he already have the votes for nomination locked up?

Yup, he does. So for them to throw out the rule book to force him out when they're "defending democracy" would be quite fun.

NightTrain
06-28-2024, 01:31 PM

Exactly right.

I remember shouting to my TV in 2020 when Biden was mumbling and going down a nonsense Rabbit Hole and Trump jumped on him and distracted him from it. It happened twice, IIRC, and it saved Biden from himself.

I understand that's he's very aggressive and competitive. I get that. But the old adage of "Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake." are wise words indeed.

The CNN format inadvertently backfired in a big way by letting the old buzzard shoot himself in the foot, reload and shooting the other one.

Beating up a hapless, confused old man is bad optics, no matter how much any of us dislike him. It's just bad and there's no upside to it. The muted mic constrained Trump to looking over with a confused expression as Biden destroyed himself. It was perfect.

NightTrain
06-28-2024, 01:39 PM

They have an out. There's a clause for 'disability' in their nomination rules, and if they had an ounce of sense they'd utilize that to the fullest. They need to get a new candidate out there immediately. No one can argue that he isn't disabled in an alarming way.

This whole thing should scare the hell out of every single American. We currently have no elected leader for our country; we have unelected puppetmasters foisting their wishes upon us which is why we've seen the utter chaos and bizarre actions.

None of the manipulators behind the scenes are going to quietly give up their cushy and profitable positions without a fight. Jill is the worst offender. The man belongs in assisted living, not being flown around the world and giving speeches. He can't even read from a teleprompter anymore. It's very much elder abuse and while he's always been a dirtbag, no one deserves that and it defies basic human decency.

Black Diamond
06-28-2024, 01:45 PM
They have an out. There's a clause for 'disability' in their nomination rules, and if they had an ounce of sense they'd utilize that to the fullest. They need to get a new candidate out there immediately. No one can argue that he isn't disabled in an alarming way.

This whole thing should scare the hell out of every single American. We currently have no elected leader for our country; we have unelected puppetmasters foisting their wishes upon us which is why we've seen the utter chaos and bizarre actions.

None of the manipulators behind the scenes are going to quietly give up their cushy and profitable positions without a fight. Jill is the worst offender. The man belongs in assisted living, not being flown around the world and giving speeches. He can't even read from a teleprompter anymore. It's very much elder abuse and while he's always been a dirtbag, no one deserves that and it defies basic human decency.

Newsom

Black Diamond
06-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Some think it's moochie

NightTrain
06-28-2024, 02:16 PM
Newsom

Yeah, I see his name popping up as a possible alternative. Also Michelle Obama for some bizarre reason - which is kind of weird, because she doesn't want it, and she's not smart enough even if she did.

I can't think of any possible democrat candidate at this point that might be viable to actually win. Honestly, it turns my stomach, but Hillary would be their best chance but I don't see that happening either.

This all would be insanely funny if not for the fact that we have no functioning president. The entire world now knows that.

If China was smart, they'd launch their Taiwan invasion tomorrow and try to wrap up by November.

Kathianne
06-28-2024, 02:32 PM
Yeah, I see his name popping up as a possible alternative. Also Michelle Obama for some bizarre reason - which is kind of weird, because she doesn't want it, and she's not smart enough even if she did.

I can't think of any possible democrat candidate at this point that might be viable to actually win. Honestly, it turns my stomach, but Hillary would be their best chance but I don't see that happening either.

This all would be insanely funny if not for the fact that we have no functioning president. The entire world now knows that.

If China was smart, they'd launch their Taiwan invasion tomorrow and try to wrap up by November.

This is what I fear the most or some version of such.

Black Diamond
06-28-2024, 02:34 PM
[/B]
This is what I fear the most or some version of such.

Yeah that's war. And possibly economic meltdown

Gunny
06-30-2024, 01:09 PM

Agreed. They have gotten away with pushing Joe out front while running everything on autopilot. That's fine and dandy until someone has to actually think. All the military contingencies they are using so far were already part of the system long before Joe. They just had to be implemented. An old say from the military is plans are awesome until the first round goes downrange and everything goes to shit. Then you have to think on your feet. If we have someone capable of such they've done a damned good job keeping him/her hidden.