PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm

Kathianne
06-27-2024, 11:02 AM
While Trump is looking as the likely winner in November, at least at this moment in time, his most vocal professional supporters are having a bit of turmoil and trouble raising money. Could it be that there are many folks that are likely to vote, but are certainly not in lockstep with the far right? It might be that Biden and the Democrats have just been so awful, that Trump may win by default, not because of his base supporters:

https://punchbowl.news/article/house/bob-good-house-freedom-caucus-turmoil/

June 27, 2024Turmoil roils the House Freedom Caucus

News: House Freedom Caucus Chair Bob Good (R-Va.) has pushed aside the executive director of the hardline group’s political apparatus, according to multiple sources familiar with the move.

Good has ousted Ray Yonkura from running the House Freedom Fund and House Freedom Action. Yonkura is a longtime ally of Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), a founding member of the House Freedom Caucus and its former chair.

HFF and House Freedom Action, its related group, have raised just $6.7 million this cycle. Last cycle, the groups raised $18 million. In 2020, the pair of groups raised roughly $20 million.

This is yet another data point showing the tumult in the HFC.

During an HFC meeting Tuesday night, lawmakers took turns beating up on Rep. Warren Davidson (R-Ohio) for endorsing Good’s primary opponent. Davidson posted a series of tweets on X defending his decision, noting former President Donald Trump backed Good’s GOP primary opponent, (https://x.com/Vote_Davidson/status/1806095806061047876) Virginia state Sen. John McGuire.

Jordan also griped about the state of the group’s political apparatus. Jordan questioned how the HFC’s political arm would protect Rep. Scott Perry (R-Pa.), its former chair, with such a paltry fundraising operation.

Several sources say that Good has put the brakes on using Jordan’s name to raise money. Jordan is one of the best fundraisers in Congress, with $9.9 million in his own reelection account. Good raised $1.1 million this cycle.

Good also warned members about constant leaks to the press regarding the group’s internal affairs. During the closed-door session, Good talked extensively about the state of his primary race against McGuire.

As of now, McGuire is leading by 375 votes and has claimed victory. Good is planning to request a recount.

After the meeting, Good didn’t want to discuss any of the problems in the HFC.

“I don’t have any comment about that,” Good said while walking away with Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.).

When asked about not raising enough money, Biggs responded, “We’re not going to talk about that.”

fj1200
06-27-2024, 11:34 AM
Trouble raising money after the past year and a half has been spent eviscerating the leadership? There might be a connection. Thank you chaos.

revelarts
06-27-2024, 01:58 PM
While Trump is looking as the likely winner in November, at least at this moment in time, his most vocal professional supporters are having a bit of turmoil and trouble raising money. Could it be that there are many folks that are likely to vote, but are certainly not in lockstep with the far right? It might be that Biden and the Democrats have just been so awful, that Trump may win by default, not because of his base supporters:

https://punchbowl.news/article/house/bob-good-house-freedom-caucus-turmoil/

There's more to the story with Bob Good. I'm in Virginia. Bob's rep has gone down here for several reasons. But from what I've heard, well let's just say that for quite some time he hasn't lived up to his name when dealing with colleagues and voters from his district.
he hasn't had the support he once had & Id suspect that'd his own -not good- nature and the circumstances influenced some of his actions. maybe more than freedom caucus v whatever politics.

I'm not deep into it so I could be off, but just sayin'