PDA

View Full Version : MTG vs Facui review

revelarts
06-07-2024, 12:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H79ceKiZkoo

revelarts
06-07-2024, 12:41 PM
BREAKING: The Washington Post just admitted that it repeatedly published disinformation fed to it by NIH to discredit WCW & defend Fauci from our true claims that he funded beagle abuse in TunisiaUnpacking the story of Fauci and painful experiments involving dogsDocuments obtained by an animal rights group show that NIH was not fully transparent when the controversy erupted in 2021.by [/FONT][/COLOR]@GlennKesslerWP (https://x.com/GlennKesslerWP)
June 7, 2024“As director of NIH, you did sign off on these so-called scientific experiments. And as a dog lover, I want to tell you this is disgusting and evil. What you signed off on and these experiments that happened to beagles paid for by the American taxpayer. And I want you to know Americans don’t pay their taxes for animals to be tortured like this.”— @RepMTG (https://x.com/RepMTG)
(R-Ga.), questioning Anthony S. Fauci, the former director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), during a House hearing on the origins of the coronavirus pandemic, June 3“What does dogs have to do with anything that we’re talking about today?”— Fauci, in response.During the coronavirus hearing this week, Greene attacked Fauci as she held up a photo of two sedated puppies, their heads placed in mesh cages, as they lie on a table while being swarmed by sand flies. Outside the hearing, an ad truck commissioned by a group opposed to taxpayer-funded animal experiments circled Capitol Hill with billboards that showed Fauci together with this photo and directed people to a website called http://BeagleGate.org (https://t.co/GGjQwV76Vv)[COLOR=#0F1419][FONT=TwitterChirp]. The group, the White Coat Waste Project, is founded and run by people with links to conservative-leaning organizations, The Washington Post has reported.When we first saw Greene hold up the photo, we figured this would be easy to debunk — another in a string of misleading attacks against Fauci, who became the public face of the government’s response to the pandemic.After all, when this first became an issue in 2021 — unrelated to covid then as it is now but part of a general effort among conservatives to discredit Fauci in any way possible — a raft of fact checks noted that the National Institutes of Health (NIH) said the study in question, conducted in Tunisia, had been attributed in error to the agency that Fauci ran, a division of NIH. The scientific journal that published the study issued a correction. NIH said that it did fund a study in Tunisia involving dogs and sand flies, but NIH suggested that study was a more benign one that allowed the dogs to roam.But it’s more complicated than that, a review of NIH emails and documents obtained by the group since 2021 under the Freedom of Information Act suggests. Some of the documents call into question NIH’s statements at the time, part of what appears to be a bungled public relations response.What’s less complicated is that it’s silly to personally blame Fauci for the design of research studies — about 5,500 were approved by NIAID just in 2023 — endorsed many levels below the director. “The experiments that NIH funded go through strict regulatory processes of the treatment of animals, the humane treatment of animals,” Fauci said in response to another lawmaker who raised the issue in the hearing this week. “I signed off on them because they were approved by a peer review.”The FactsFemale sand flies carry a parasite that produces zoonotic visceral leishmaniasis (ZVL), an often-neglected tropical disease in humans. Domestic dogs are the main reservoir host and sand flies are the main vector. The problem is especially acute in Tunisia, where a 1996 study of 50 cases in one hospital found a mortality rate of about 6 percent in children under the age of 5.Animals are often used in research, where they serve as “models” that allow for investigation of a problem. NIH, on its website, notes that fish, frogs, fruit flies and roundworms are used to understand biological processes that could affect humans.But there is something about using dogs — especially common household pets such as beagles — that make many people squeamish. According to the most recent annual animal usage report by the U.S. Agriculture Department, nearly 16,000 dogs in 2019 were subjected to pain in the United States during research experiments — and nearly 400 received no pain medication.The White Coat Waste Project hit a nerve when it publicized the Tunisia sand fly study in 2021, emphasizing the dramatic photo that Greene waved at Fauci. The Post reported that Fauci’s office got 3,600 phone calls in 36 hours. A bipartisan letter signed by 24 members of Congress, citing the group’s reports on animal studies, said that lawmakers had “grave concerns about reports of costly, cruel, and unnecessary taxpayer-funded experiments on dogs.”The Tunisian sand fly study pictured in the photo was published on July 27, 2021, in the journal PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases. The study described how the beagles, between 6 and 8 months old, and obtained from the kennels of the Pasteur Institute of Tunis, were sedated and then exposed to hundreds of sand flies that had been deprived of food for 24 hours.That August, the study caught the attention of White Coat Waste, where the story was quickly picked up by right-leaning websites....
.....A second study also caged dogsFinally, other documents obtained by White Coat Waste suggest the Tunisia study funded by NIH was not as benign as the agency suggested. Instead of an “enclosed open space,” the study’s grant application shows a photograph that indicated that the dogs were kept in a cage as they were “exposed to sand fly bites each night through the sand fly season to ensure transmission.” The grant application also described how, separately, dogs would be sedated and placed in cages for two hours while they were exposed to 15 to 30 female sand flies.In a statement, NIH said: “The two studies began at different times and involved different animals. The study in the journal PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases used symptomatic animals from previous studies approved by that grantee institution’s animal care and use committee in 2012. NIAID funds were used for an R21 study [Exploratory/Developmental Grant] that started in August 2018 and ended in July 2021. Information from the principal investigator shows 12 healthy dogs were vaccinated and sent into the field in 2019 for natural exposure during Sand fly season (August to November) to test a candidate visceral leishmaniasis (VL) vaccine. According to the study’s principal investigator, the 12 dogs were healthy and did not have symptoms of VL at the conclusion of the NIAID-funded grant period.”Satoskar referred questions to Benjamin Johnson, an Ohio State University spokesman. “We have nothing more to add,” Johnson said.The Bottom LineThe emails show that NIH was not fully transparent as it tried to handle a public-relations nightmare. Perhaps there was little reason to doubt Satoskar, but officials embraced his explanation without confirming as they rushed out a statement. They made no acknowledgment that they had removed the study from the NIH grant database or that the editor of the journal that quickly issued the correction had a potential conflict of interest. Moreover, the NIH study in Tunisia that the agency said it funded was cast in a positive light that is undermined by the grant application that has since been made public.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/06/07/unpacking-story-fauci-painful-experiments-involving-dogs/

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GPeumLMXkAAo3BS?format=jpg&name=small

But But officer the Bleach blond chick SHE was talking LOUD!!! and not helping.

Gunny
06-07-2024, 04:48 PM
Using MGT's behavior to support your hatred for Fauci isn't going to sell any tickets :rolleyes:

She shouldn't be holding her position anymore than he.

Kathianne
06-07-2024, 04:51 PM
Using MGT's behavior to support your hatred for Fauci isn't going to sell any tickets :rolleyes:

She shouldn't be holding her position anymore than he.

What I find hard to understand is that some are having a problem understanding that we can all agree that Fauci purposefully screwed up kids, families with elderly, and protected pharmaceuticals when they tried to cover up instead of apologizing; at the same time say MTGs behavior towards him in the Committee setting is unacceptable. It doesn't make us 'stupid fools.'

Gunny
06-07-2024, 04:56 PM
What I find hard to understand is that some are having a problem understanding that we can all agree that Fauci purposefully screwed up kids, families with elderly, and protected pharmaceuticals when they tried to cover up instead of apologizing; at the same time say MTGs behavior towards him in the Committee setting is unacceptable. It doesn't make us 'stupid fools.'

To paraphrase a Kathianne post in a different thread: You're either 100% for us and agree with everything we say or you 110% suck:rolleyes:

revelarts
06-07-2024, 06:52 PM

As i've said before I understand ... sorta..
And I've never said anyone was a fool.

My confusion is over the MAGNITUDE of the outrage.
That i do not understand by comparison.

In my mind at least it's like comparing a Mass murder rapist serial killer to a Graffiti artist at the Jefferson memorial.
Yes, are both bad.
Yes, absolutely. Are they in the same league? not... even... close.

Unless people are balling up all their frustrations against MTG from ...where ever... populism(!) IN GENERAL into her 5 minutes of ...ummm... Harsh & Impolite Talk here. it just seems over the top.

maybe it's me, i just don't understand the level of hurt that this has brought.
maybe it's my boarderline Autism that's missing an emotional context that makes what MTG did this seem nearly proportionally as bad as Facui. And worth harping on for days. and worthy of her expulsion from congress. expulsion from WTH?!
While other congress folks who've followed decorum at the hearing have probably done insider trading, taken kickbacks, other real crimes, lied about God knows what. (chapaquidick comes to mind for some reason) Are A-OK to stay in congress, because they are being polite. and not being rude or talking outta turn.

All due respect to everyone.
But to me does seems to be WAY out of proportion, and FAR more emotional than rational.

BTW, I've 'lived most of my life with people not agreeing with me. 100% is laughable, but I've managed to make my way.
But I do,... from time time... try explain my POV, so folks can see where i'm coming. even if they don't agree.
that doesn't mean I do not consider people with different povs decent folks.

Kathianne
06-07-2024, 06:57 PM
As i've said before I understand ... sorta..
And I've never said anyone was a fool.

My confusion is over the MAGNITUDE of the outrage.
That i do not understand by comparison.

In my mind at least it's like comparing a Mass murder rapist serial killer to a Graffiti artist at the Jefferson memorial.
Yes, are both bad.
Yes, absolutely. Are they in the same league? not... even... close.

Unless people are balling up all their frustrations against MTG from ...where ever... populism(!) IN GENERAL into her 5 minutes of ummm "Harsh & Impolite talk" here. it just seems over the top.

maybe it's me, i just don't understand the level of hurt that this has brought.
maybe it's my boarderline Autism that's missing an emotional context that makes what MTG did this seem nearly proportionally as bad as Facui. And worth harping on for days. and worthy of her expulsion from congress. expulsion from WTH?!
While other congress folks who've followed decorum at the hearing have probably done insider trading, taken kickbacks, other real crimes, lied about God knows what. (chapaquidick comes to mind for some reason) Are A-OK to stay in congress, because they are being polite. and not being rude or talking outta turn.

All due respect to everyone.
But to me does seems to be WAY out of proportion, and FAR more emotional than rational.

You're right not on the level of serial rapist, who belongs in jail-forever, imo. She does not belong in Congress, imo. Not jail. Get the difference?

revelarts
06-07-2024, 07:11 PM
You're right not on the level of serial rapist, who belongs in jail-forever, imo. She does not belong in Congress, imo. Not jail. Get the difference?

Ok,
But like you said , we have different standards.
Mine goes more towards thinking that if a congressmen commits a real crime, bribery, fraud, perjury, treason etc,
rather than breaks in decorum.

different standards.