PDA

View Full Version : I Get This-I Just Know It's Wrong

Kathianne
05-31-2024, 07:34 AM
There may be no way to stop the death spiral:

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2024/05/31/no-mercy-n3789362

No MercyDAVID STROM 8:00 AM | May 31, 2024

AP Photo/Seth Wenig, Pool
As I write this, I just saw the verdict in the New York farce, which they called a trial.

I have seen many disgraceful things in my life, but the trial and the Left's reaction to it make my blood boil. Not because I love Donald Trump--you know I don't--but because I love my country, and I just watched the Democrats burn up our Constitution for temporary political gain.

My first reaction was not shock, surprise, or even rage. At least not the burning hot rage that makes me want to break things or hurt people. Instead, I feel a cold, calculated anger and determination to strike back first at the ballot box and pop the popcorn as prosecutors in Republican venues start lining up Democrats for revenge.

I want perp walks. I want LOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG trials. I want unfair rulings. I want banana republic trials.

I would not feel this way if I thought that Trump was guilty, although I still would have argued that prosecuting him was bad for the country, just as prosecuting Hillary for her obvious crimes of distributing classified documents all over the world through her bathroom server would have been a mistake in 2017. You do know that her server was almost certainly hacked, right? The Secretary of State's classified emails were in the hands of Russia, China, Iran, and North Korea almost as soon as she sent them. We will never know the extent of this because she DESTROYED THE EVIDENCE.Show me the man and I’ll find you the crime. - Lavrentiy Beria

Trump, who ran on "Lock Her Up," didn't. He could have. But prosecuting your political enemies is a dangerous game, and he didn't play it.

Well, Democrats went after Trump on ridiculous charges that even CNN made fun of. Nobody but the most Trump-deranged took them seriously, although we all suspected that the trial was so stacked against him that he would be convicted.

He was. And now it is open season, and Republicans will never forgive their representatives if they don't strike back. Hard. In Republican-dominated venues. Just like the Democrats did. Indict. Stretch the trials out. Make sure they happen in the campaign season. Embarrass them. Lie. Slander. Invent stuff.

That's what Democrats did, what they do. It's time to make them pay.

No, I am not joking. They broke it, they own it, and we are going to make them pay double, triple, or quadruple. If we don't then we may as well pack up and leave.

This isn't good for the country. It is banana republic stuff. Not just the Trump conviction but the inevitable retaliation, as well. But here we are. Democrats picked a fight, and a fight they will get. If they don't get one, then there is no Republican Party worth speaking of. I don't like it, but as my wife said after the verdict, I guess we live in a banana republic, so we better act like we do.

We didn't break the norms. They did. They need to pay a price, and it better be big. Really big. Not just to make them realize they shouldn't do this, but for straight revenge. Revenge is part of justice. Not all of justice, but if you don't satisfy the need for revenge then justice is not served. It is why we let victims speak at sentencing.

Democrats have violated every norm of politics that has been built up over 2 1/2 centuries--norms that were hard fought for, and that made our country work. We were the envy of the world. And the Democrats blew it.

Scumbags. I have scraped more respectable goop off my shoes after going through a pigpen.

I would be shocked if this conviction withstood appeal--there are so many reversible errors that a child could find one.

But that isn't the point. The Democrats have invented so many hoaxes, so many scams and spewed so many lies, invented the rape charge, stolen Trump's money, harassed him, and kept him tied up in court--all because they have a brain-dead candidate who can't do ONE SINGLE THING right. Not one.

These people are doing this for Joe F'ing Biden, the dumbest man to ever step foot in the office. Whose VP is the dumbest woman to have ever visited there.

To the people who are celebrating: you are scum. You are the Stasi. You are the people who Kafka wrote about. You have betrayed every person who fought and died for this country. And you did it because of hatred for one man.

You destroyed our legal system.

That is pathetic.

Biden's campaign released a statement that was typical bulls**t. "Nobody is above the law." Yeah, right.

Threat to democracy? From the people who have turned the legal system into a joke. A punchline.

Democrats may be celebrating today, but they will reap the whirlwind. I will be watching with popcorn and a big smile as they start doing perp walks.

Get to work. We have an election to win.

SassyLady
05-31-2024, 12:47 PM
My first "ahah" moment was when Harry Reid admitted lying about Mitt Romney. That was campaign interference. His response "It worked didn't it?"

That's the Democratic way and if the GOP doesn't adopt some of their strategies this country truly is doomed.

No matter how principled you want to be surviving can get ugly at times.