PDA

View Full Version : Identify this dog

jimnyc
01-09-2014, 09:52 PM
I get "Jeffers Pet" magazine every month. I've bought a ton of pet supplies from them over the years. This month has a cover with 3 beautiful dogs on the cover. My first thought were young "blue" Pit Bulls. But I think I'm wrong. Anyone have any idea what breed these are? I want one!!

http://i.imgur.com/d25iKa2.jpg

SassyLady
01-09-2014, 11:27 PM
Get me one too!

Jeff
01-10-2014, 07:48 AM
I have two running around right now, they are Pits ( the blue eyes give it away ) mine will be 8 weeks old today and the biggest of the two is 25 lbs ( she is white and blue ) the other is about 20 lbs and she is solid blue with a small patch of white on her chin, they are actually Bullies ( a large breed of Pit ) My female ( Khaos ) is right about 70 lbs so she isn't small by no means but when she gave birth I had to take her to the Vet to get a C section ( $700 ) and then only 2 pups survived , the little Blue one ( that is her name Blue ) was born first at home but she couldn't pass the others ( even with help ) so the Vet cut her open, the other pup that survived ( Dead Dog ) was actually lifeless for the first 3 hours of life, the vet said she had a faint heart beat but was lifeless , that pup sat on the table ( while the wife tried to revive her for 2 and a half hours at the vet, the vet asked us when we where leaving if we wanted to take her or said he could get rid of her ( but the wife wouldn't give up ) so we brought a dead dog home , after being home for a short bit the wife ran up to the store to get something for dinner and as we sat there eating we heard the loudest screaming from a puppy I have ever heard and sure enough it was dead dog , as I said the Dog is Huge ( they both are ) but the bright blue eyes and them being so big ( and uncoordinated ) makes them cute as hell, but today I will give then there first shots and second worm treatments and then they are gone, It is hard to believe 2 dogs can be so much trouble !!

Gaffer
01-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Some might take offense to it but I would name the dead dog Jesus. I think names should fit the animal, or the person in some cases. :thumb:

jimnyc
01-10-2014, 09:47 AM
I have two running around right now, they are Pits ( the blue eyes give it away ) mine will be 8 weeks old today and the biggest of the two is 25 lbs ( she is white and blue ) the other is about 20 lbs and she is solid blue with a small patch of white on her chin, they are actually Bullies ( a large breed of Pit ) My female ( Khaos ) is right about 70 lbs so she isn't small by no means but when she gave birth I had to take her to the Vet to get a C section ( $700 ) and then only 2 pups survived , the little Blue one ( that is her name Blue ) was born first at home but she couldn't pass the others ( even with help ) so the Vet cut her open, the other pup that survived ( Dead Dog ) was actually lifeless for the first 3 hours of life, the vet said she had a faint heart beat but was lifeless , that pup sat on the table ( while the wife tried to revive her for 2 and a half hours at the vet, the vet asked us when we where leaving if we wanted to take her or said he could get rid of her ( but the wife wouldn't give up ) so we brought a dead dog home , after being home for a short bit the wife ran up to the store to get something for dinner and as we sat there eating we heard the loudest screaming from a puppy I have ever heard and sure enough it was dead dog , as I said the Dog is Huge ( they both are ) but the bright blue eyes and them being so big ( and uncoordinated ) makes them cute as hell, but today I will give then there first shots and second worm treatments and then they are gone, It is hard to believe 2 dogs can be so much trouble !!

Ok, so they are Pits. I thought so at first and then started doubting myself. Man I would love one of them!!

Jeff
01-10-2014, 12:56 PM
Some might take offense to it but I would name the dead dog Jesus. I think names should fit the animal, or the person in some cases. :thumb:
Dead dog was more a name as to not get attached to either of them, I agree with you if I was to keep this dog she would without a doubt have a name describing her remarkable birth

Ok, so they are Pits. I thought so at first and then started doubting myself. Man I would love one of them!!
James if ya really want one I have one for ya, just let me know

aboutime
01-10-2014, 01:36 PM
I get "Jeffers Pet" magazine every month. I've bought a ton of pet supplies from them over the years. This month has a cover with 3 beautiful dogs on the cover. My first thought were young "blue" Pit Bulls. But I think I'm wrong. Anyone have any idea what breed these are? I want one!!

http://i.imgur.com/d25iKa2.jpg

Gotta admit. That animal is much more cute, and interesting than Obama.