PDA

View Full Version : Army Tells Soldiers the SIGNS of potenial Terrorist...

revelarts
10-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Not From the Onion: Army Says ‘Social Network’ Use Is a Sign of Radicalism
These are some warning signs that that you have turned into a terrorist who will soon kill your co-workers, according to the U.S. military. You’ve recently changed your “choices in entertainment.” You have “peculiar discussions.” You “complain about bias,” you’re “socially withdrawn” and you’re frustrated with “mainstream ideologies.” Your “Risk Factors for Radicalization” include “Social Networks” and “Youth.”
These are some other signs that one of your co-workers has become a terrorist, according to the U.S. military. He “shows a sudden shift from radical to ‘normal’ behavior to conceal radical behavior.” He “inquires about weapons of mass effects.” He “stores or collects mass weapons or hazardous materials.”
That was the assessment of a terrorism advisory organization inside the U.S. Army called the Asymmetric Warfare Group in 2011, acquired by Danger Room (http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/dangerroom/2012/10/Radicalization-FINAL090911.pdf). Its concern about the warning signs of internal radicalization reflects how urgent the Army considers that threat after Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan shot and killed 13 people at Ford Hood in 2009 (http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2009/11/breaking-gunmen-kill-seven-in-ft-hood-massacre/). But its “indicators” of radicalization are vague enough to include both benign behaviors that lots of people safely exhibit and, on the other end of the spectrum, signs that someone is so obviously a terrorist they shouldn’t need to be pointed out. It’s hard to tell if the group is being politically correct or euphemistic.
Around the same time, the Asymmetric Warfare Group tried to understand a related problem that now threatens to undermine the U.S. war in Afghanistan: “insider threats” from Afghan troops who kill their U.S. mentors (http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/09/shadow-war-infiltration/). In another chart, also acquired by Danger Room (http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/dangerroom/2012/10/awsc-pdf-CDR-72811.pdf), an Afghan soldier or policeman ready to snap could be someone who “appears frustrated with partnered nations”; reads “questionable reading materials”; or who has “strange habits.” Admittedly, the U.S. military command isn’t sure what’s causing the insider attacks (http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/08/allen-green-on-blue/), but it’ll be difficult for an American soldier who doesn’t speak Pashto or Dari to identify “strange habits” among people from an unfamiliar culture....read more

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/10/insider-threat/

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/dangerroom/2012/10/redgoldgreen.jpg

cadet
10-04-2012, 01:21 PM
you’re frustrated with “mainstream ideologies.”

Freakin hipsters.

Gaffer
10-04-2012, 01:47 PM
A primary sign. Being muslim.

gabosaurus
10-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Dang those radical insurgent soldiers based in the Middle East who use facebook and twitter to communicate with their relatives back home! Throw them all in the stockade!!

Yet another reason why Pentagon staff should be cut in half. Too many idiots without anything better to do that think too much and do too little.

SassyLady
10-05-2012, 03:57 AM
Dang those radical insurgent soldiers based in the Middle East who use facebook and twitter to communicate with their relatives back home! Throw them all in the stockade!!

Yet another reason why Pentagon staff should be cut in half. Too many idiots without anything better to do that think too much and do too little.

If you cut the Pentagon staff by half, then you need to also cut all other government jobs ..... including teachers, firemen, policemen............gee, see how stupid that sounds.

logroller
10-05-2012, 04:45 AM
...for no obvious reason.
http://p10.hostingprod.com/@spyblog.org.uk/blog/images/suspicion1.jpg

logroller
10-05-2012, 04:54 AM

Do you have any idea how much study goes into finding ways to prevent violence? Believe it or not, there are warning signs. By identifying and educating people to notice those signs is necessary and proper. It's no different than your needing know the signs of child abuse.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-05-2012, 07:45 AM
Not From the Onion: Army Says ‘Social Network’ Use Is a Sign of Radicalism

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/10/insider-threat/

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/dangerroom/2012/10/redgoldgreen.jpg

haha, "verbally indicates hatred for the United States and/or Constitution" . That would include most dem politicians , definitely obama himself , mainstream media, 90% of liberals,leftists and muslims. At least they got one right for sure but did not post the easy list of most likely suspects!--Tyr

gabosaurus
10-06-2012, 12:02 AM
If you cut the Pentagon staff by half, then you need to also cut all other government jobs ..... including teachers, firemen, policemen............gee, see how stupid that sounds.

The other jobs are not overstaffed. Teachers, fire and police are not government jobs, and not related to the Pentagon.
The U.S. could cut spending by 30 percent and still have the most powerful military in the world. Warfare is much different in the modern era. It is more about intelligence than actual manpower and weapons.
We need to drastically reduce or eliminate foreign aid to all countries, including Israel. We need to remove all of our troops and advisers from Iraq and Afghanistan.
We need to impose import tariffs on American companies who outsource their labor to foreign nations for items to be sold in the U.S.

Robert A Whit
10-07-2012, 02:20 PM
The other jobs are not overstaffed. Teachers, fire and police are not government jobs, and not related to the Pentagon.
The U.S. could cut spending by 30 percent and still have the most powerful military in the world. Warfare is much different in the modern era. It is more about intelligence than actual manpower and weapons.
We need to drastically reduce or eliminate foreign aid to all countries, including Israel. We need to remove all of our troops and advisers from Iraq and Afghanistan.
We need to impose import tariffs on American companies who outsource their labor to foreign nations for items to be sold in the U.S.

An American Soldier by Gen. Tommy Franks is one of the best books you can read as a layman to get an idea of how powerful this nations military is.

But it is expensive. Most of the funding goes not for guns or butter, but for wages and benefits.

The smaller our army is or our navy and airforce, the more it becomes a training unit.

Consider the time to become an engineer or lawyer. Imagine that you must train new people for war. It would take years just to turn them into an awesome force.

Dilloduck
10-07-2012, 03:30 PM
Its concern about the warning signs of internal radicalization

they're looking for troops going postal

SassyLady
10-07-2012, 06:43 PM
The other jobs are not overstaffed.

According to your opinion.

Teachers, fire and police are not government jobs, and not related to the Pentagon.

Yes, Gabby, they are government jobs....they are paid with taxes.

We already have millions on unemployment and you want to increase that number by laying off our military. Go figure.

I agree that we need to reduce or eliminate aid to those countries that do not support US interests. Israel is not one of those countries.

I believe we need to find out why jobs are being outsourced and eliminate that reason. Just raising import tariffs is not the answer.

Robert A Whit
10-08-2012, 03:01 PM
An American Soldier by Gen. Tommy Franks is one of the best books you can read as a layman to get an idea of how powerful this nations military is.

But it is expensive. Most of the funding goes not for guns or butter, but for wages and benefits.

The smaller our army is or our navy and airforce, the more it becomes a training unit.

Consider the time to become an engineer or lawyer. Imagine that you must train new people for war. It would take years just to turn them into an awesome force.

This post is a case of my minds thoughts sort of wrecking my post.

Corrections to concept follow.
1. Gen. Tommy Franks book is as I said. I also recommend a book called Into the Storm by Gen. Fred Franks. Together you can learn a lot about tactics by having both books.
2. Gen Fred us not related to Tommy. Tommy served under Fred in Desert Storm.
3. My comment to being expensive is in reference not to the book, but to the cost of the military. I understand that the budget for DOD has most of their expense going to pay current and former soldiers and sailors. Also don't forget their health care.
4. I was in the Army from Feb 62-Feb 64. I recall at Ft. Ord that the Army was short handed of what they called Cadre. Cadre trained us in Basic. They were so short, the company that was authorized to have a Company commander, an XO plus a Lt over each of the 5 platoons was down to the CO and his XO. The Captain had put Sgts in charge of the Lt. Positions. I was picked by the Captain to be the Platoon Sgt and was issued a black arm band with 3 stripes on it. I did the same thing in advanced training. So, I was in an Army that was pretty short handed. Our overall troop strength was more than likely well over 2 million men. I know we had something like half a million troops based in just Germany. I believe that todays military is much smaller than when I was in. I suspect with so many going to those other nations that they probably have hired civilians as part of the training staff of today.

I hope that fixed some minor problems that I believe were in my post.

red states rule
10-12-2012, 10:12 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/gmc10415020121011040600.jpg

CSM
10-12-2012, 10:50 AM
.... The U.S. could cut spending by 30 percent and still have the most powerful military in the world. Warfare is much different in the modern era. It is more about intelligence than actual manpower and weapons...

Well, I'm sure with all your expertise and knowledge of military affairs and warfare, intelligence and their relationships to military operations that the Obama administration will be nominating your for the Joint Chiefs of Staff any day now.

I think we could cut education spending by 30% and raise the average IQ of the entire country a great deal because there would be far fewer liberal idiots teaching our children. See how easy that is?